This easy Pineapple Dump Cake recipe is a quick dessert made with only four ingredients. This is the easiest cake recipe you will ever make! It's the perfect sweet treat with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and maraschino cherries on top!
If this is your first introduction to 'dump cakes' the concept is just that - 'dump' the ingredients into a baking dish and bake!
Dump cake recipes are quick and easy to make and all you need is a cake mix, butter, fresh fruit or pie filling and perhaps another add-in or two such as nuts.
This is an impressive dessert to make when you have company - impressive in that you will knock their socks off when you have it in the oven in less than 10 minutes! This delicious dump cake recipe is such a great dessert to make when you're in a hurry.
Once you've tried this one, don't miss out on my lemon cream cheese dump cake. It's quick and easy too!
What I Love About This Recipe
- it's quick, easy and requires simple ingredients. Some, you may already have on hand in the pantry.
- this pineapple dump cake is a crowd-pleaser. Show up to a potluck with this popular dessert and it will be first to be scooped up and everyone will want the recipe.
- it's a family favorite. This is one of my go-to recipes followed closely by my lemon blueberry dump cake made with fresh blueberries.
Ingredients for Pineapple Dump Cake
This easy recipe has simple ingredients and is one of the easiest desserts you will ever make!
- canned crushed pineapples - You can use any fruit filling for a dump cake recipe. Cherry pie filling, apple, canned peaches.
- vanilla cake mix or yellow cake mix - you can use either flavor and choose your favorite. This is also delicious with Butter Pecan cake mix. The pineapple flavor will combine beautifully wth all thee cake mixes.
- brown sugar
- butter - it won't matter if your butter is cool or at room temperature for this recipe since it will be melted.
Step by Step Instructions
You will need a 9x13-inch baking pan for this recipe. Other than that, no fancy equipment is needed! This simple dessert recipe takes about 10 minutes to mix up and then you can relax while it's baking!
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a 9x13-inch baking dish, evenly spread out 2 cans (20 oz. each) crushed pineapples. (with juice)
Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of the crushed pineapple, followed by brown sugar on top of the cake mix.
Pour melted butter over cake mix/brown sugar.
Bake in 350°F oven for 55 to 60 minutes until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly at the sides of the baking dish.
Allow dump cake at least 15 minutes to cool before serving with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. You might also enjoy a cherry on top!
If you love this dump cake, try the cherry dump cake too!
Cover this delightful pineapple dump cake in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for up to three days.
Dump cakes are made by dumping three to four simple ingredients into a baking dish. Since the ingredient to not require stirring, this easy dessert is referred to as a dump cake. They are similar to a cobbler with a cake mix topping.
Yes. You can place the baking dish back into the oven at 350°F for 15 minutes to heat it up again. You can also scoop a single helping onto a microwave-safe plate and warm it up 30 seconds at a time until heated through.
The simple answer to this is 'no'. A dump cake is so named because all you need to do is dump in the fresh fruit or pie filling, followed by the dry cake mix and either melted or cut up butter place on top. No stirring needed!
Cover the cooled dump cake with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for three to four days.
Change up the flavors and use any of your favorite pie fillings such as apple, blueberry, cherry, strawberry or strawberry rhubarb.
Sprinkle the top of the dump cake with chopped pecans, slivered almonds or chopped walnuts for a delicious crunch in every bite. Maraschino cheerries are another great addition to compliment the pineapple flavor.
Switch up the flavor of cake mix by using white cake mix instead of yellow cake mix.
Save this to your Pinterest dessert board so that you will have it for later!