Strawberry Cream Cheese Dump Cake is an easy 4-ingredient, no-fuss dessert that is a great recipe for potlucks and large family gatherings. This easy dump cake recipe takes 5 minutes to put together! You’re going to love the sweet strawberry flavors topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and sliced fresh strawberries for garnish.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
One of our family favorites, this luscious strawberry cheesecake dump cake has the best elements of a cheesecake (cream cheese) with the simplicity of a perfect dessert for busy days.
We enjoy this delicious dessert topped with fresh strawberries topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Toss on a few blueberries and you’ve got yourself a red-white-and-blue dump cake for Memorial Day or July 4th!
Why this is the best strawberry dump cake recipe
- quick, easy and fool-proof! Even someone who never bakes can master this simple dessert recipe! Simple ingredients & no fancy equipment needed for this recipe.
- crowd-pleasing and the more fresh fruit you pile on, the more tasty it will be
- perfect for making ahead and enjoying the next day
Other delicious dump cake recipes to try
Once you’ve made one dump cake, you’re going to want to try other flavors such as these:
Lemon Dump Cake – we make our with cream cheese as well. So tasty! Lemon cake mix ith lemon curd and cream cheese filling. With all of my dump cake recipes, you can use vanilla cake mix, yellow cake mix. So easy you simply use what you have on hand and get creative!
Cherry Cobbler Dump Cake – with cherry pie filling and a slightly different way of making the topping.
Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake – two delicious flavors that marry so well together. Cherry and chocolate. Made with chocolate cake mix and canned cherry pie filling.
Ingredients & Substitutions for Strawberry Cheesecake Dump Cake
- Cake mix – you can use a box of yellow cake mix or vanilla cake mix. Both are equally delicious! You can even use strawberry cake mix.
- Strawberry pie filling – or you can substitute strawberry-rhubarb pie filling. You can also use homemade strawberry pie filling.
- Cream cheese – you can use a block of cream cheese or whipped cream cheese. Some recipes have powdered sugar whipped into the cream cheese, however we felt that it was plenty sweet enough without it during testing.
- Butter – you will need 1/2 cup (1 stick of butter) in this recipe.
- Fresh strawberries – the addition of fresh strawberries is optional yet really add delicious fresh fruit flavor.
- Whipped cream or ice cream for topping are completely optional but who doesn’t love whipped cream or ice cream?!
Step by Step Instructions – Easy Strawberry Dump Cake Recipe
You can find a full printable recipe card at the bottom of this page. I’ve included simple step by step instructions below with photos to help along the way with this easy dessert recipe. No hand mixer required – let’s get started!
STEP 1 – Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or lightly grease with a little butter.
STEP 2 – Next, pour both cans of strawberry pie filling into the bottom of prepared baking dish.
Step 3 – Place the cream cheese in a medium bowl and mix to soften. Drop cream cheese by dollops on top of the cherry pie filling. Use a knife to (very gently) swirl it through some of the pie filing.
Step 4 – Place cake mix in a medium mixing bowl and pour the melted butter over top. Using clean hands, mix until a crumbly dough forms.
Step 5 – Sprinkle the topping over top of the strawberry and cream cheese mixture.
Step 6 – Bake in 350°F oven for 50 to 55 minutes until light golden brown and bubbling at the edges.
Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and fresh strawberries and enjoy!
Store cooled dump cake in baking covered in platic wrap in the refrigerator for up to four days. Alternatively, you can carefully transfer the dessert to an airtight container.Print