This Pizza Dip recipe puts all the gooey delicious pizza ingredients we love into a creamy cheesy dip enjoyed with bread or tortilla chips. Cream cheese is seasoned with Italian spices then pizza sauce is topped with 2 melted cheeses and pepperoni for your favorite classic pizza taste!!
Easy pepperoni pizza dip recipe
Calling all pizza lovers!! Making this easy pepperoni pizza dip recipe is so simple and easy and it is the perfect party appetizer to serve your guests for a surefire hit! Another 'morish' appetizer as they come back for more.
It is also the perfect make-ahead dip recipe to serve on game days or to please a crowd with no pizza dough needed that is easy to customize with your favorite toppings.
Once you make this family favorite Philadelphia cream cheese pizza dip, be prepared the make it often. It is easily one the best dips we've ever made that appeals to so many people.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Easy pizza dip recipe with 15 minute prep time
- All your favorite pizza flavors in a dip
- Make-ahead dip that appeals to many especially kids
- Easy to customize with your favorite toppings
- Perfect for potlucks or for a party to serve a crowd
Pizza Dip Ingredients
Looking for the full ingredients list? Keep scrolling to the bottom of the page or use the handy jump-to-recipe button located at the top!
- Cream Cheese - use 8 ounces softened Philadelphia cream cheese or your favorite brand
- Sour Cream - ½ cup classic dip ingredient
- Italian Seasoning - 1 teaspoon for pizza flavoring
- Garlic Powder - ½ teaspoon for more flavor
- Mozzarella Cheese - perfect pizza melting cheese
- Parmesan Cheese - ¾ cup adds more cheesy depth of flavor
- Pizza Sauce - 1 cup of your favorite pizza sauce Marinara sauce is a good choice
- Mini Pepperonis - spread on top to your taste double up for pepperoni lovers
- Green Pepper - optional finely diced to taste
- Red Onion - optional finely diced
- Black Olives - optional sliced to taste
- Fresh Parsley - optional chopped for more fresh flavor
I used 2 tablespoons of each ingredient, but you can use more or less if you like.
Hot pizza dip with cream cheese can also be made as pizza dip without cream cheese by using more sour cream ( 1 cup) or substituting with 1 cup of ricotta cheese and mixing in the cheese's together.
Substitute the cheese using your favorite melting cheese, see my best cheese for melting for a comprehensive guide to help mix up your cheese.
You can substitute the mini pepperoni with sliced regular sized pepperoni or any cooked sausage like Italian sausage and cooked bacon or bacon bits. Or use any combination of them on your pizza dip.
Oregano and basil spice can be used instead of the Italian seasoning.
Best toppings for pizza dip
Some like their pizza dip with just cheese and pepperoni especially children but here are some of the best toppings to use.
We love: green pepper, olives and onions with fresh parsley on our pizza dip but they are optional depending on your tastes. You can also use mushrooms, artichokes, jalapeños, tomatoes, green olives, pineapple, extra cheese, more fresh herbs like cilantro, ham, sun dried tomatoes and hot sauce or red pepper flakes to spice things up a notch!
Step by Step Instructions for how to make this pizza dip recipe
You can find a full, printable recipe card by scrolling to the bottom of this page. I've included step by step photos below for each step of the recipe.
Let's make this cheesy pizza dip!!
STEP ONE - Preheat oven to 350°F.
STEP TWO - With a hand mixer, blend cream cheese, sour cream, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder on speed 3 until creamy and fully blended.
STEP THREE - Stir in ½ cup mozzarella cheese and ½ cup parmesan cheese.
STEP FOUR - Place the cheese mixture into a 10-inch cast iron skillet and spread it out.
STEP FIVE - Pour the pizza sauce on top.
STEP SIX - Sprinkle with remaining cheese and then green peppers, onions, olives and pepperoni (or whichever toppings you prefer!).
STEP SEVEN - Sprinkle with remaining cheese and then green peppers, onions, olives and pepperoni (or whichever toppings you prefer!).
STEP EIGHT - Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with parsley.
This dip is pretty hot straight from oven. Give it 5 minutes to cool, the dig in!
There are many different ways to make pizza dips but here are some fun variations:
You can make a white pizza dip by using ricotta cheese mixed with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese with no red sauce used. This is great topped with fresh herbs.
Ranch pizza dip can be made by adding a package of dried ranch seasoning mix and mayonnaise with optional chicken slices on top.
A crockpot pizza dip is great to free up your time for other recipes by layering in your ingredients and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours.
What to serve with pizza dip?
- Pieces of bread like French bread or baquette slices
- Toasted Bread
- Garlic Bread
- Baked Pizza Dough in pieces, my pizza poppers are amazing for dipping in pizza dip
- Bread Sticks
- Tortilla Chips
- Corn Chips
- Pita Chips
- Fresh Veggies
Top tips for making the best ever pizza dip recipe
- If you are making or bringing this pizza dip to serve a crowd for a party you can make 2 versions to appeal to different tastes one with just cheese and pepperoni and one with more toppings
- To quickly soften cream cheese place in a sealed plastic bag and submerge it in warm water for 15 to 20 minutes
- You can use store-bought shredded cheese to save time
- Add any herbs for a garnish and flavor after cooking
- If you prefer golden brown cheese broil for a couple of minutes checking every 30 seconds until done
- If you do not have a cast iron skillet this can be baked in a deep dish pie baking dish instead
- This recipe is easily doubled, however, it will take a little longer to bake
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving
Make ahead pizza dip
You can make pizza dip up to 2 days ahead of time once cooled, stored covered with wrap in the fridge. Cooling it in the fridge allows the flavors to meld together.
Reheat pizza dip
Reheat in the oven at 350°F for 10 to 15 minutes or for individual servings in the microwave for 30 seconds.
How long will pizza dip last?
Pizza dip can be stored covered with plastic wrap or foil in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
We do not recommend freezing pizza dip.