This loaded Million Dollar Dip recipe with mayo and sour cream, makes an amazing creamy appetizer with rich flavors that tastes like a million bucks!! The pairing of the creamy, cheesy elements with the savory real bacon bits make it so good and a big hit to please a crowd at potlucks, parties and holiday gatherings.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
Million dollar dip with sour cream
The decadent combination of ingredients is said to be so delicious it tastes like a million dollars!! It really is so tasty and satisfying with sour cream, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese and salty crispy bacon.
We absolutely love this perfect dip recipe and feel it is a must try dip to serve up at any occasions. One of the best recipes to make when you need a quick appetizer without a lot of prep time for last minute plans with company coming.
Serve it up with your favorite dippables like crackers, tortilla chips, pretzels and fresh vegetables.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Delicious appetizer that is so easy to make
- Just 10 minutes of prep time
- Simple ingredients and perfect to make ahead
- Very popular savory dip for potlucks, game days and parties
Million dollar dip ingredients
- Sour Cream – full fat sour cream is best for the creamy texture
- Mayonnaise – is a key ingredient do not skip it for the best creamy texture and flavor of the dip
- Cheddar Cheese – freshly grated cheddar that adds a sharp tangy flavor we used a sharp old cheddar cheese use your favorite
- Bacon – real crunchy bacon bits of crispy cooked bacon chopped finely is mixed into the dip and used as a garnish on top to help balance the creamy flavors of the dip with crunchy savory salty flavors
- Almonds – slivered almonds that add a nutty crunch texture, you can cut them into finer pieces if you prefer
- Garlic Powder – is an easy way to get garlic flavor in a recipe
- Cayenne Pepper – a pinch of cayenne pepper adds a subtle spicy depth of flavor to the dip
- Green Onions – sliced adds a fresh mild onion flavor to the dip and the garnish
You can lighten it up by using greek yogurt instead of sour cream, but it will change the texture and taste of the dip.
Use store bought ready made bacon bits in place of the homemade bacon bits.
Step by step instructions on how to make million dollar dip
STEP ONE – In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise and sour cream, stirring well just until conbined.
STEP TWO – Add remaining ingredients (reserving some for garnish as noted in the ingredients list) and stir until combined.
STEP THREE – Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
STEP FOUR – Serve with Ritz crackers or your favorite dipping crackers and enjoy!
Sandra’s top tips for making the best million dollar dip recipe
- To help the flavors meld and come together chill in the fridge for 2 hours
- Use a good quality cheese and skip the pre-shedded cheese for the best flavor
- Prefer things less salty you may consider using unsalted dippables like tortilla chips, crackers or vegetables as this dip is already salty
- Can also use cream cheese in this recipe
- Ranch seasoning or Italian seasoning flavors can also be used
- Serve the dip in individual servings using small plastic cups
- Make this million dollar dip ahead of time and store it in the fridge overnight covered with wrap without adding the extra bacon with green onion and cheese garnish until ready to serve the next day
Storage and freezing instructions
Store any leftovers in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap for 3 to 4 days in the fridge.
We do not recommend freezing this dip and it is so good it will disappear anyway!!Print