You're going to love this easy recipe for Baked BBQ Chicken Tenders! Boneless, skinless chicken breast, breaded and baked, then smothered in delicious apple butter barbecue sauce.
YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE!
- if you love chicken wings, then you'll love this boneless, skinless alternative and I promise you won't know the difference!!
- simple ingredients and no fancy equipment
- quick and easy to make. You can pair this with some veggies on the side for an easy weeknight dinner that the whole family will love!
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTIONS
A few notes about the ingredients. (see full recipe card at the bottom of the page for all ingredients)
- boneless, skinless chicken breast
- breadcrumbs - you can use plain or Italian seasoned breadcrumbs. Any type may be used including Panko.
- bbq sauce - use your favourite brand.
- apple butter - I love the combination of the apple butter mixed with the bbq sauce. You can also omit the apple butter and use only bbq sauce!
- parmesan cheese - You can use freshly grated or the stuff you can buy in the shaker for this recipe.
Preheat oven to 425°F.
You can cook the chicken tenders directly on a baking sheet that is lightly greased with olive oil or use a cooking rack as shown in the photos before. Ensure that it is oven-proof!
Prepare the coating
In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Stir well to combine.
Place all-purpose flour in a separate small bowl.
In a large mixing bowl, combine apple butter and barbecue sauce.
Dip the chicken strips
Working with one strip at a time, place chicken strip in flour and coat completely. You can use tongs or toss with clean hands.
Next, dip the floured chicken into the egg wash followed by the parmesan and breadcrumb mixture, tossing to coat well.
Place on cooking rack or directly on baking sheet and cook in 425°F for 15 minutes, turning over once halfway through cooking time.
Remove from oven and place in large bowl. Pour barbecue sauce mixture over top and toss gently to coat.
Place chicken tenders back onto the baking sheet and brush with remaining barbecue sauce.
Cook for an additional 7 to 10 minutes until sauce has thickened a little and chicken is completely cooked and no longer pink inside. Top with fresh parsley for garnish and enjoy!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE RECIPES
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please take a moment to comment below and give it a five-star recipe rating. I would love to hear from you! Subscribe to join the community and receive regular updates straight to your inbox! Let's connect via Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest!Print