Get ready for a delightful dessert that’s ridiculously easy to make! Our Easy Blueberry Dump Cake Recipe with 3 Ingredients is a true crowd-pleaser, combining the luscious sweetness of blueberry pie filling with the simplicity of just three ingredients.
It’s the kind of recipe that lets you enjoy a homemade treat without breaking a sweat in the kitchen. With a golden, buttery cake topping and a burst of fruity goodness in every bite, this dessert is perfect for lazy afternoons, impromptu gatherings, or whenever your sweet tooth craves a quick fix.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
While I often enjoy baking from scratch, sometimes it’s great to have a few quick dessert recipes that we can make for busy days.
This is a great recipe because you can adapt the flavor of cake mix and use canned pie filling or fresh blueberries. (see my lemon blueberry dump cake)
Why you’ll love this blueberry dump cake
- Quick & easy: One of the biggest reasons to love a blueberry dump cake is its simplicity. With just three ingredients and minimal effort required, it’s a dessert that can be whipped up in no time. It’s perfect for those moments when you want a homemade treat without spending hours in the kitchen. I LOVE minimal prep time!
- Bursting with Blueberry Flavor: Blueberry dump cake showcases the delicious, natural sweetness of blueberries. The canned blueberry pie filling provides a burst of fruity flavor in every bite, making it an instant hit for blueberry enthusiasts.
- Versatile and Adaptable: While the basic recipe calls for only three ingredients, a blueberry dump cake can be easily customized to suit personal preferences. You can add your own twists by incorporating nuts, coconut flakes, or spices like cinnamon to enhance the flavors and textures.
- Serve it Up Anytime: Whether it’s a relaxed family dinner, a casual get-together, or a last-minute dessert craving, a blueberry dump cake is a reliable go-to option. It’s a versatile treat that can be enjoyed year-round and pairs wonderfully with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for an extra indulgent experience.
If you love dump cake recipes, try these easy dump cake recipes next!
The possibilities are endless for flavor combinations for dump cakes. Always keep a few cans of pie filling and cake mix on hand when you need a quick and easy dessert.
Ingredients for Blueberry Dump Cake with Blueberry Pie Filling
- Blueberry Pie Filling – I use bueberry pie filling for this dump cake recipe. If you prefer to use fresh blueberries, you can make my blueberry dump cake with fresh blueberries! You can use any fruit filling for a dump cake.
- Cake Mix – you can use yellow cake mix or white cake mix for this easy dessert recipe.
- Butter – I only use butter (not margarine) and you can use salted or unsalted.
Is dump cake good the next day?
Yes. You can store dump cake in the refrigerator for three to four days and serve it the next day.
Can you stir a dump cake?
No. All dump cakes are meant to be layered and baked without stirring. Whether you use melted butter or squares of butter on top of the cake mix and fruit filling layer, the crust will form on top of the dump cake.
Step by Step Instructions – How to you make a blueberry dump cake?
You can find a full printable recipe card for this delicious blueberry dump cake recipe at the bottom of this page with ingredients and instructions. I’ve included images below to show you how each step will look as you’re making the recipe.
Do I need to stir the cake ingredients for a dump cake?
No! That is one of the great things about dump cakes is that you sprinkle the dry cake mix over the fruit filling and you do not need to follow the instructions on the box of cake mix.
Step 1 – Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Step 2 – Spread both cans of blueberry pie filling into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spread out evenly with spatula.
Step 3 – Sprinkle the dry cake mix on top of the blueberry pie filling in baking dish. Do not mix!
Step 4 – Cut stick of butter into squares and place them evenly on top of the cake mix. Do not stir the mixture. The butter will melt over the dry cake mix to form a crust as it is cooking.
Tip: Cold butter is much easier to cut into squares. Keep the butter in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cut it into squares.
Step 6 – Bake in 350°F oven for 50 to 55 minutes. Top should be light golden brown and pie filling will be bubbling at the edges when it is ready.
Serve with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream and enjoy this tasty dessert!
Cool dessert, then cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.