Jumbo, bakery style Raspberry Banana White Chocolate Muffins are super easy to make and won't last long! Fresh or frozen raspberries, ripe bananas and the delicious flavours of white chocolate combine beautifully in this moist and delicious muffin recipe.
Are you a muffin lover? I am! I hesitate to write these are a favourite recipe again because I say that about so many of my recipes! But, these muffins are exceptional. The combination of the moist, overripe bananas, rolled oats, raspberries and white chocolate is sinfully delicious.
There's something about these jumbo bakery style muffins that just makes them feel like an extra special treat.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did! Hubby said they're the best raspberry muffins he's ever tasted. Please let me know what you think by commenting below when you try this recipe!
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
- no fancy equipment or mixer required.
- delicious large bakery style muffins without having to leave the house!
- a great way to use up those overripe bananas!
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTIONS
- all-purpose flour (or cake flour)
- rolled oats - I like to use instant oats for this recipe
- baking soda, baking powder - for leavening
- salt - cuts out the sweetness
- mashed, ripe bananas
- granulated sugar
- egg, lightly beaten - use large Grade A egg and take them out of the refrigerator 30 to 60 minutes before you start the recipe
- butter, melted and cooled
- raspberries, fresh or frozen
- white chocolate - chopped baking chocolate or chocolate chips
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Start by greasing or adding paper cups to six jumbo sized muffin tins.
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Melt butter and set aside while it cools.
In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Stir well to combine and set aside.
In a separate, small mixing bowl, beat egg, then add mashed bananas, granulated sugar and cooled melted butter.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring with as few strokes as possible.
Gently fold in raspberries and white chocolate.
Divide evenly among the six prepared baking cups. Sprinkle muffin tops with a pinch of rolled oats. (optional)
Bake in 425°F oven for 5 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350°F and continue baking for another 25 to 30 minutes.
I have noticed variations in the baking time depending on the ripeness and moisture of the bananas. Check the muffins about 20 minutes after you reduce to the temperature. Test muffins using a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the centre.
STORAGE & FREEZING
Store muffins covered on counter for 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Muffins can be frozen for up to three months. Cool completely, then place in zippered bag or freezer storage container. Thaw at room temperature or in refrigerator before eating.
Depending on your microwave, you can warm them up by heating them for 10-20 seconds.
Measure all ingredients accurately, especially the all-purpose flour. To measure flour correctly, first, fluff up the flour using a spoon.
Second, use a spoon to scoop the flour into the measuring cup.
Next, scrape a knife across the top of the measuring cup to level the flour.
Use fresh baking powder and baking soda as leavening agents as directed in the recipe. It is important to measure accurately. Check best before dates every three months on these ingredients.
Yes! Fold frozen raspberries into the recipe the same way that you would with fresh raspberries. Do not let them thaw before adding to the batter.
Follow the recipe card below!
MY TOP TIPS
- assemble all ingredients and measure accurately before you begin the recipe.
- fully read all recipe instructions
- mix the muffin batter with as few strokes as possible when adding the wet to the dry ingredients. This is the secret to soft, fluffy muffins!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE RECIPES
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page. Don't forget to tag me when you make one of my recipes! Subscribe to join the community and receive regular updates straight to your inbox! Let's connect via Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest!Print