These easy Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings are crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside and drenched in your favorite tangy buffalo sauce. They’re the ultimate crowd-pleaser for a party, so you’d better make a double batch! Just as finger licking good as my bbq chicken wings!!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
Using the air fryer for these tasty wings not only cuts down on the mess but also uses much less oil. The best thing is they taste just as good and crispy as deep frying them!!
We start with a light seasoning of the wings, then cook them until they’re perfectly crispy. Once cooked to golden perfection, we toss them in our favorite buffalo sauce. We like to use Frank’s to make a buffalo wings sauce recipe but you can use the brand you love.
Ingredients for Crispy Chicken Wings Recipe
- Chicken Wings – 2 lbs thawed or fresh chicken wings
- Baking Powder
- Olive Oil
Buffalo Wings Sauce:
- Buffalo Sauce – we used Frank’s Buffalo sauce
How to Make Buffalo Wings in the Air Fryer
STEP ONE – Preheat air fryer to 400F.
STEP TWO – Pat wings completely dry with a paper towel.
STEP THREE – Add wings, oil, salt, pepper, and baking powder to a medium-sized bowl. Toss to coat.
STEP FOUR – Working in batches if needed, add the wings to the air fryer basket in an even single layer making sure they don’t touch. Cook for 20 mins, flipping halfway through.
STEP FIVE – Prepare the sauce while the chicken is cooking.
STEP SIX – In a small bowl, add buffalo sauce, butter, and honey. Microwave for 30 seconds.
STEP SEVEN – Remove the chicken and toss in the sauce.
Optional: pop wings back in the air fryer for 3 minutes to caramelize the sauce on the wings
Make a maple bourbon buffalo wing sauce by adding 1/4 cup of bourbon with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup to our buffalo wing sauce!
Sandra’s Top Tips
- Make sure your wings are dry and adding the baking powder helps to make the wings crispier
- Air fryers need good air flow to work well, so be sure not to overcrowd your basket
- Flipping halfway through the cooking time helps them to crisp up and cook evenly
- Checking that the internal temperature of the chicken wings is 165°F is the most accurate way to be sure they are done and for safe eating practices
- If you have leftover wings save some sauce in the fridge to toss them again before reheating
- Serve with your favorite wing dipping sauce like a blue cheese dip or ranch
How long to cook wings in the air fryer?
Cook chicken wings in a single layer for 20 minutes in the air fryer flipping halfway at 400°F.
Storage and reheating instructions
Store any leftovers using an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
You can freeze using a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Thaw overnight in the fridge before you reheat them.
Reheat in the air fryer until warmed through and avoid using the microwave as they will not come out crispy. If you saved some sauce you can toss them again before reheating.Print