These carrots in orange juice and ginger are made with brown sugar to sweeten them and would be the perfect Thanksgiving carrots recipe. Orange Glazed Carrots are quick and easy to make and could be made in advance and reheated to free up space on the stove top.
This delicious side dish has orange juice, ginger and carrots with cornstarch. A few tablespoons of brown sugar sweeten it up and balances beautifully with the citrusy orange flavours. The addition of cornstarch thickens up into a light sauce that coats the carrots.
We love this carrot dish with Honey Garlic Pork Chops and they would also be delicious with turkey, chicken or a ham dinner. This recipe can easily be doubled and tripled for a larger batch.
Guaranteed to turn a non-veggie lover's heart, this recipe is a must for your family recipe box.
How to make Orange Glazed Carrots
1. Peel and cut carrots into ⅛" thick slices.
2. Cook carrots until tender. This should take approximately 15-20 minutes.
3. Drain carrots and set aside.
4. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger and salt. Whisk together until well combined.
5. Gradually add in orange juice whisking constantly.
6. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly.
7. Reduce heat and simmer gently for two minutes.
8. Stir in butter, then add mixture to carrots and stir gently to coat all of the carrots. Season with freshly ground pepper if desired.
Orange Glazed Carrots may be store in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat in microwave or warm up in a low 325F oven for 15-20 minutes.
Other great side dishes you might enjoy!
If you make this recipe, I would love to hear from you in the comments below or drop me an email in the Contact From on the main menu!Print