1. Peel and cut carrots into 1/8" thick slices.
2. Cook carrots until tender. This should take approximately 15-20 minutes.
3. Drain carrots and set aside.
4. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger and salt. Whisk together until well combined.
5. Gradually add in orange juice whisking constantly.
6. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly.
7. Reduce heat and simmer gently for two minutes.
8. Stir in butter, then add mixture to carrots and stir gently to coat all of the carrots. Season with freshly ground pepper if desired.
Orange Glazed Carrots may be store in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat in microwave or warm up in a low 325F oven for 15-20 minutes.