This is the World's Best Honey Garlic Pork Chop recipe! Juicy pork chops are coated in a sweet honey-garlic marinade that caramelizes beautifully when cooked. Perfect for a quick and delicious weeknight meal that the whole family will enjoy a juicy pork chop with a saucy glaze.
We love these honey garlic pork chops! This recipe has an easy glaze - or should I say a spectacular honey-garlic glaze that is on repeat in our house.
The sticky honey garlic sauce is delicious and marinating pork chops is the perfect way to enjoy pork chops.
Allowing the chops to marinate for at least 2 hours which will reslt in tender pork chops in the most amazing honey garlic sauce!
If you love to try new recipes, try my Swedish meatballs recipe or Gigi Hadid pasta recipe next!
Why you'll love this recipe
- this is a quick and easy recipe. Fried pork chops on the stovetop can be made with minimal effort.
- the spectacular honey-garlic glaze is so delicious and the whole family will love it. Make a double batch of marinade and use it for chicken or steak later in the week.
This recipe uses simple ingredients that you can always find in the grocery store.
- boneless pork chops - or you can substitute bone-in pork chops.
- soy sauce
- white vinegar
- fresh garlic - use the freshest garlic cloves that you can find. You can substitute garlic powder, however I do not recommend the change as the glaze has a significant amount of fresh garlic flavor.
- ground ginger
- olive oil
- salt & black pepper to taste
Step by step instructions - How to make honey garlic pork chops
You can find a full printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. I've included a few step by step instructions with images to help you get the best results from this recipe.
Make the marinade
In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, white vinegar, onions, garlic and ginger.
Whisk until honey is completely mixed in and mixture is the same consistency throughout.
In a glass dish large enough to hold the four pork chops, place the pork chops in a single layer.
Pour the marinade over top of the pork chops. Turn the pork chops over several times to coat in the marinade.
Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
In an large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat. Ensure that your skillet is very hot before putting in the pork chops.
Cook pork chops in skillet for 5 to 7 minutes per side over medium heat until an internal temperature of 145 degrees f is reached. (you need the heat high enough for the marinade to caramelize).
Depending on the thickness, thicker pork chops may take a little longer to cook through, so cooking time may vary.
Brush glaze from the bottom of the pan on top of the pork chops.
Allow the pork chops to rest 10 minutes before eating.
My top tips for this recipe
An instant read or meat thermometor is perfect to take internal temperature.
Leftover pork chops may be refrigerated in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Reheat in skillet on stovetop, microwave or warm up in a low 325F oven.
What to serve with easy honey garlic pork chops
Pairing the perfect sides with your honey garlic pork chops can take your meal to the next level. Here are a few delicious options to consider:
Firstly, for a burst of citrus flavor, orange glazed carrots are an excellent side dish that complements the sweet and savory flavors of the pork chops.
For a rich and creamy side dish, try serving the pork chops with cheesy au gratin potatoes. Thinly sliced potatoes are baked in a creamy cheese sauce until golden and bubbly. This decadent side dish is sure to satisfy your comfort food cravings.
For a quick and easy air fryer side dish, twice baked potatoes are a great choice. Simply bake your potatoes in the air fryer, scoop out the centers, mix in some butter, sour cream, cheese and bacon, and then air fry them again until the cheese is melted.
For a classic Southern side dish, consider Paula Deen's green bean casserole. This comforting casserole is made with fresh green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and a crispy onion topping. It pairs perfectly with the savory flavors of the pork chops.
Finally, if you're looking for a light and refreshing side dish, creamy coleslaw is a great option. This tangy and slightly sweet coleslaw adds a delicious crunch to your meal while balancing out the rich flavors of the pork chops.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can use different types of meat for this recipe, such as chicken or beef. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the type of meat and its thickness.
Yes, you can marinate the pork chops in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
other dinner recipes you might also enjoy
I would love it if you left a comment about this recipe below! Subscribe to join the community and receive regular updates straight to your inbox! Let's connect via Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest!Print
Easy Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 4
A honey-garlic marinade coats these juicy pork chops and caramelizes beautifully. An easy weeknight meal the whole family will love.
4 boneless pork chops
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup honey
2 tbsp. white vinegar
2 tbsp. finely chopped onions
1 to 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ tsp. ground ginger
1 tbsp. olive oil
Sprinkle of salt & pepper to taste
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, white vinegar, onions, garlic and ginger. Stir well until honey is completely mixed in and mixture is the same consistency throughout.
2. In a glass dish large enough to hold the four pork chops, place the pork chops in a single layer.
3. Pour the marinade over top of the pork chops. Turn the pork chops over several times to coat in the marinade.
4. Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
5. In an large skillet, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat. Ensure that your skillet is very hot before putting in the pork chops.
6. Cook pork chops in skillet for 5 to 7 minutes per side over medium-high heat until temperature is 145 degrees. (you want the heat high enough for the marinade to caramelize).
7. Brush glaze from the bottom of the pan on top of the pork chops.
8. Allow the pork chops to rest 10 minutes before eating.
Leftover pork chops may be refrigerated in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Reheat in skillet on stovetop, microwave or warm up in a low 325°F oven.
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 pork chop
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 464.2 mg
- Fat: 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 17.2 g
- Cholesterol: 44.6 mg
Keywords: world's best honey garlic pork chops
Yes was very good
Honey garlic sauce on the pork chops is just perfect. Love the way the sauce caramelized. So good thank you!!