We tried TikTok Green Goddess Salad (Baked by Melissa) and absolutely loved it. This viral recipe lives up to its hype and millions of views and we cannot stop eating it!
TikTok salad is a basically a cabbage salad, loaded with fresh green veggies, chopped into small pieces that are tossed in a creamy dressing. Whether you enjoy it as a side dish, with pita chips or rolled into a tortilla, we think you're going to love it!
One of the things that I loved most about this recipe is that it made a nice big batch that lasted in the fridge for days. It's so handy to have it in the fridge when you're hungry and it saves time.
We love trying viral TikTok recipes and we have a few favorites. Gigi Hadid's Pasta Recipe is a quick and easy weeknight dinner that is sure to impress. This easy Boursin TikTok pasta recipe is always a welcome dinner for busy weeknights and either recipe would taste delicious with this salad! Try these Tik Tok Cinnamon Rolls with heavy cream for dessert.
Buy the ingredients-Make this salad- You will love it!
I will start by saying that I love a good green salad, and I wondered if this famous TiTok salad recipe would live up to its hype. IT DOES. Hands-down, this is one of my favorite salads ever.
If you haven't heard of the Baked By Melissa Green Goddess Salad Recipe, then prepare to be delighted. The recipe is tucked away on her website under 'savory recipes', amid maracon and cupcakess that are available for purchase! She features other delicious salad recipe on her'blog' section that are equally delicious.
This salad recipe was the #6 searched recipe on Google in 2022!
Why you'll love this recipe
- This side salad makes a big batch and last in the fridge for up to one week. It's perfect for meal-prepping and a quick lunch on busy weekdays. This salad is so tasty that I literally eat it every day for a week! Add it to your meal prep list and regular menu rotation!
- It's quick and easy to make! It does require some chopping but that only takes about 10 minutes! (am I the only one who finds chopping vegetables to be therapeutic)?
- It's DELICIOUS. At first glance, you may think about substituting some of the additional ingredients. At least experience this salad once exactly as written and then experiment. The crunch of the vegetables, combined with green goddess dressing has layers of flavor and you will find yourself sneaking back to the fridge for another bite!
- It's healthy! Making this TikTok green goddess salad recipe is a great way to consume your green veggies and it has the best flavor thanks to the creamy dressing.
The freshness of the ingredients in this salad recipe make this salad the best ever. I have suggested some subsitutes below for some of the ingredients, however, I suggesting making it at least once exactly as written.
- Small head of green cabbage
- English cucumbers - or a few mini cucumbers
- Fresh chives
- Green onions or scallions
- Fresh basil leaves
- Fresh spinach
- Fresh garlic
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Cashews - or you can substitute nuts of your choice, such as walnuts or pecans. Pumpkin seeds would be another great substitute.
- Nutritional yeast - we used Bob's Red Mills. You can substitute nutritional yeast with Parmesan cheese. This article has several subsitutes for nutritional yeast.
- Rice Vinegar - if you don't have rice vinegar, you could substitute white wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar or a little more lemon juice.
- Additional chives - if you have garlic chives, they are also delicious in this salad.
How to make TikTok Salad
You can find a full recipe card with ingredients and full instructions at the bottom of this page. I've included a few visual photos with steps below to help you with the recipe.
This TikTok salad has three simple steps:
1 - Chop the veggies. Place them in a big bowl.
2 - Make the Green Goddess Salad Dressing
3 - Toss the dressing with the veggies.
Wash and chop the cabbage, cucumbers, chives, green onions. Chop them as small as you would like. We chopped them into confetti-sized pieces as recommended in the original recipe. Place chopped vegetables in a large bowl.
Add the lemon juice, olive oil and rice vinegar to a blender or food processor, then add the remaining dressing ingredients.
Pour the salad dressing over the chopped vegetables.
That's it! Dig in with a fork or a pita chip and enjoy!
Store the salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. You may want to separate the dressing from the salad ingredients and toss it with the green dressing as you serve it.
Melissa mentioned that she enjoyed this salad scooped up in tortilla chips, pita chips. Equally delicious scopped up with corn chips, or wrapped in a tortilla wrap.
Ways to customize this salad
Add protein: To make the salad even more filling, adding some protein, such as grilled chicken, shrimp, tofu, hard-boiled eggs would be a delicious option.
Add some leafy greens: mix the salad with kale, spinach or mixed greens.
Switch up the veggies: Add in avocado, radish, cherry tomatoes, sliced bell peppers.
Add some toppings: crumbled feta cheese, sunflower seeds, pumpkin feeds, pecans, walnuts, cashews.
Change the flavor: add some crispy bacon, add some croutons.
Yes, this TikTok salad is ideal for making in advance. Separate the chopped vegetables and dressing in the fridge and toss as you are ready to serve.
TikTok Green Goddess Salad can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week. Alternatively, you can store the chopped salad vegetables separate from the dressing and toss the salad together as needed.
My Top Tips
Make it your own! Although it's so tasty as-written, you can do so many things with this salad recipe.
I'd love to hear what changes you've made to this recipe in the comments below!