Level up your Taco Tuesdays with this great recipe for the BEST Easy Taco Spaghetti! It's an easy dinner that the whole family will love!
Taco flavors in ground beef with spaghetti is a fun twist for taco night and super quick and easy to make.
If you have a picky eaters, you can change up the add-ins to whatever veggies the kids love in this easy recipe. You can also change up the protein by using ground turkey or ground chicken in place of the ground beef.
Why You'll Love This Taco Spaghetti
- Flavor Fiesta: Imagine the savory goodness of tacos and the slurpy delight of spaghetti in one bite. Need I say more?
- Easy Peasy: Busy day? No sweat. Taco spaghetti's got your back. Quick to make, so you can spend time with family instead of over a hot stove.
- Party Pleaser: Friends coming over? Family hangout? Taco spaghetti is the ultimate crowd-pleaser. Everyone's gonna be asking for seconds.
- Mix 'n' Match Magic: You're the boss. Load it up with your fave toppings – cheese, sour cream, avocado – you name it. Taco spaghetti bends to your cravings.
Ingredients for Taco Spaghetti Recipe
- spaghetti noodles
- ground beef - I like to use lean or extra-lean ground beef in this recipe.
- onion, finely chopped - you can use yellow cooking onions or sweet onion.
- garlic, minced - fresh garlic for best flavor. If you don't have fresh garlic, you can substitute with 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- diced tomatoes, drained
- packet taco seasoning mix - or substitute with my homemade taco seasoning.
- canned corn - you can also substitute frozen corn.
- black beans
- ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Cheddar cheese - you can use any of the best melting cheese for pasta in place of cheddar cheese.
- Optional toppings: chopped fresh cilantro, sliced jalapeños, sour cream, sliced black olives, diced avocado.
What can I Substitute for the Ground Beef?
You can subsitute ground chicken or ground turkey in this Mexican spaghetti dish.
Can I prepare the sauce ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the taco meat mixture in advance and refrigerate it. When you're ready to serve, reheat the mixture and toss it with freshly cooked spaghetti.
How to Make Taco Spaghetti - Step by Step Instructions
You can find a full printable recipe card at the bottom of this page. I've added some visuals below to assist with the recipe as well as tips.
STEP ONE - Cook the spaghetti according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
STEP TWO - In a large skillet or frying pan on medium heat, add the ground beef and cook, breaking it apart with a spatula, until it is fully browned and cooked through. Drain any excess grease if necessary.
STEP THREE - Just before the beef is done browning, add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté the onion and garlic until the onion becomes translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
STEP FOUR - Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, taco seasoning mix, corn, black beans, water, and cumin.
Let the mixture simmer for about 5-10 minutes or until some of the liquid evaporates, allowing the flavors to meld together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
STEP FIVE- Add the cooked spaghetti to the pan. Toss everything together until the spaghetti is evenly coated with the sauce.
STEP SIX - Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top of the taco spaghetti and cover the skillet with a lid.
Let it cook on low heat for a couple of minutes or until the cheese has melted.
STEP SEVEN - Remove the skillet from heat, and garnish the taco spaghetti with chopped fresh cilantro and any optional toppings you desire, such as sliced jalapeños, sour cream, sliced black olives, or diced avocado.
Serve hot and enjoy your flavorful stovetop taco spaghetti!
How long will leftovers last in the fridge? Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.