Jumbo, bakery style Raspberry Banana White Chocolate Muffins are super easy to make and won't last long! Fresh or frozen raspberries with ripe bananas and the delicious flavours of white chocolate combine beautifully in this moist and delicious muffin recipe.
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 and 1/2 cups bananas, mashed (approximately 3 large ripe bananas)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup melted butter, cooled
1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup white chocolate, chopped or white chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, rolled oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir well to combine.
- In a separate, small mixing bowl, beat egg, then add mashed bananas, granulated sugar and cooled melted butter.
- Add banana mixture into dry ingredients and stir until combined with as few strokes as possible.
- Gently fold in the raspberries and white chocolate.
- Divide batter evenly among 6 jumbo greased or paper-lined muffin tins. Sprinkle muffin tops with a pinch of rolled oats (optional).
- Bake on middle rack in oven at 425°F for 5 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F and bake an additional 25 minutes. (Depending how ripe the bananas are, you might need an extra five minutes). Test with a toothpick or cake tester in centre to ensure that they are done.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire racks.
- Store muffins covered on counter for 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Muffins can be frozen for up to three months. Cool completely, then place in zippered bag or freezer storage container. Thaw at room temperature or in refrigerator before eating.
- Variations: you may use chopped white baking chocolate or chocolate chips for this muffin recipe.
- Blueberries or a combination of fresh summer berries would be delicious in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 480
- Sugar: 42.8 g
- Sodium: 432.7 mg
- Fat: 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 79 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 6.8 g
- Cholesterol: 61.1 mg
Keywords: Raspberry Banana White Chocolate Muffins