This easy Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins recipe is a keeper! The oatmeal flavour comes though beautifully with the whole wheat flour and a hint of cinnamon. You can use fresh or frozen raspberries and enjoy these tasty muffins year round.
Looking for a raspberry breakfast muffin? You can freeze these muffins for up to three months which makes these a great muffin to have on hand if you're on the run in the morning. (Thaw at room temperature)
This recipe is definitely in my top five favourite muffin recipes along with Lemon Blueberry Muffins and these Raspberry Banana Muffins. Toss in your favourite berries to change it up. Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins are equally delicious!
Why you will love this recipe
- this is an easy recipe that uses basic ingredients
- requires no mixer or fancy equipment!
- you can use fresh or frozen berries and change up the fruit to other types of berries.
This recipe uses basic ingredients and is straightforward. A few details to consider:
- fresh or frozen raspberries may be used in this recipe and used straight from the freezer if frozen.
- the egg should be at room temperature. Take it out of the fridge about a half hour before you begin your recipe.
- old-fashioned oats are highly recommended, although instant oats are delicious in these muffins as well.
- Buttermilk - if you don't have buttermilk on hand you can make this easy substitution. Measure 1 tbsp. of white vinegar or lemon juice in a liquid measuring cup. Fill with milk to the one cup line. Stir and mix, then let stand for 5 minutes. This substitution may be used for any recipe that calls for buttermilk.
How to make this recipe
Easy steps to make this recipe
- Preheat your oven to 400F and line a regular-sized muffin tin with paper liners or grease the muffin tin.
- Begin by mixing the oats and buttermilk together, then set aside.
- Next, combine dry ingredients.
- Combine the egg, brown sugar and oil and whisk until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture, then add in the wet oat mixture.
- Divide evenly among prepared muffin cups and bake in 400F oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Serve warm from the oven and enjoy!