These quick and easy 3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect quick breakfast or after-school snack! Both flour-less and gluten free*, these are sure to become a favourite! These cookies have simple ingredients that you likely have in your pantry!
If you're looking for other ways to use up ripe bananas, try my easy banana bread and banana nut muffins!
These are a lightened up version of my other banana bread cookies and they're delicious too! Without any flour or sugar, we have a healthy cookie that still wins rave reviews!
Oatmeal Cookies are one of the most popular cookies in our house. These are the perfect cookies for busy mornings and can be mixed up in just a few minutes.
If you love banana recipes, be sure to try out my banana bread. It's super moist and delicious!
you'll love these oatmeal breakfast cookies
- 3 wholesome ingredients and no added sugar. Does it get any easier than that?
- no fancy equipment! you can mix these entirely by hand without a mixer.
- healthy cookies that are satisfying and delicious. One of these for breakfast snack with a piece of fruit will take you straight through to lunch!
- they are so good that you may want to make a double batch.
I've made a few notes about the ingredients below. You can find the full recipe and recipe card at the bottom of this page.
- rolled oats - I like to use quick oats in this recipe or you can substitute the old-fashioned oats
- chocolate chips - I like to use mini dark chocolate chips for these cookies. You can also use regular-sized and milk chocolate as well.
- bananas - overripe bananas with nice dark brown spots will add just the right amount of sweetness.
- You will notice that this recipe has no vanilla extract and it doesn't need it! They are perfectly delicious without the addition of vanilla.
Add in your favourite of any of the following:
- walnuts, pecans, sliced or slivered almonds
- chopped dates
- dried cranberries
- dried cherries
- add in ½ tsp. ground cinnamon to give these cookies even more great flavour
Step by Step Instructions
This great recipe is super quick and easy and will be ready in 1,2,3!
1 - Mash bananas.
2 - Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
3 - Shape cookie dough by hand into round discs and place on cookie sheet. The cookie shape will resemble a flat disc.
Bake in 350°F oven for 12 to 14 minutes. They will still be a little soft when you take them out of the oven.
Cool on baking tray for a minute, then move baked cookies to a wire rack and enjoy!
how to serve 3 ingredient banana oatmeal cookies
- A great way to satisfy your sweet tooth in the morning is to slather a bit of creamy peanut butter on one of these cookies. Trust me! It's delicious.
- This is a great cookie to tuck into a backpack and take along for a hike.
- Crumble them up in your morning bowl of oatmeal.
storage and freezing instructions
Storage: Store cooled cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Freezing: These cookies freeze very well. You can place them in a freezer container or ziplock freezer bag for up to three months.
Thaw at room temperature for a few hours before eating.
my top tips
Almost all grocery stores have a rack with reduced produce. This is the perfect spot to find ripe bananas that are perfect for these cookies.
Make these cookies your own by adding in your favourite nuts or dried fruit.
you might also enjoy these recipe
I would love it if you left a comment about this recipe below! Subscribe to join the community and receive regular updates straight to your inbox! Let's connect via Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest!Print
3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Total Time: 24 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Diet: Gluten Free
These quick and easy 3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect breakfast or after-school snack! Both flour-less and gluten free, these are sure to become a favourite!
1 and ½ cups rolled oats (quick oats)
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
⅓ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat.
- Place mashed bananas, rolled oats and chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Using clean hands, shape into discs and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 12 to 14 minutes. Cookies will still be a bit soft when you take them out of the oven.
- Cool on wire rack.
- *For gluten-free ensure that rolled oats are labelled 'gluten free'.
- Storage: Store cooled cookies in a covered container for up to 2 days.
- Freezing: These cookies freeze very well. You can place them in a freezer container or ziplock freezer bag for up to three months.
- Add-ins: raisins, dried cranberries, dried cherries, sliced almonds.
- I like to use mini chocolate chips in this recipe or you can use the regular sized ones.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 103
- Sugar: 7.2 g
- Sodium: 0.3 mg
- Fat: 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.7 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: 3 ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Super quick and easy to make. Love these for breakfast on the go snack!
These look delicious and are so easy to make. I am sure my teen will relish them. Thanks for sharing.
I love oatmeal cookies, as it feels like I can have them for breakfast because they have oats in them. These look amazing.
These cookies look so easy! So awesome to make them with just 3 ingredients.
These cookies are so perfect! My kids couldn't stop eating!
Simple and delicious. My boys loved these cookies. I will bake them again.
That's great to hear! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment 🙂
Easy to make and delicious!
I love how easy this recipe is to make but really LOVE that these are gluten free!! These are my new go to!!
Oh, I love that this is gluten-free!! Everyone at my house loved these cookies! Thanks!
These are so simple, and I have all the ingredients on hand! I made them for my kids this afternoon for an after-school snack! They are going to be thrilled.
Oh yum! Such a fantastic use of pantry staples. I love how easily these cookies come together and with only three ingredients.
I love how easy to make these cookies are! They were delicious!
N. L. G.
These were super simple to make and taste great. In addition to the recipe ingredients, I did sprinkle the tops of the uncooked cookies with cinnamon. I think it enhanced the flavors without adding any calories, or sugars. I will probably just add some cinnamon to the mix next time.
that's great to hear and I LOVE your idea with the cinnamon 🙂 Sandra
My new breakfast snack.Thanks for sharing.
Really great to hear that and thanks for taking the time to comment! 🙂 Sandra
These should not taste so good with just three ingredients!! Great for breakfast or midday snack!!
Such a great easy way to enjoy these delicious banana oatmeal cookies. We love them for a quick breakfast!
I love these cookies. I make them with a small scoop, perfect for 2 bites. I add coconut, cinnamon, pecans, dried cranberries and dark chocolate chunks. I also add a little salt and it makes a huge difference in flavor!
Thanks so much Trish for sharing your flavor additions! I love them all and great tip about the salt too!
These cookies are wonderful!! I just made them for the first time. I added some cinnamon and used dark chocolate chips. Easy to made, delicious and nutritious!
Thanks for your feedback and for sharing your add-ins of cinnamon and dark chocolate chips for these banana cookies!
I don’t usually like cooked banana (and actually only eat banana before they are totally ripe) but i am pleasantly surprised!! these are great