These quick and easy 3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect breakfast or after-school snack! Both flour-less and gluten free*, these are sure to become a favourite!
These are a lightened up version of my other oatmeal banana cookies. Without any flour or sugar, we have a healthy cookie that still wins rave reviews!
Oatmeal Cookies are one of the most popular cookies in our house. Any cookies with oatmeal actually. We often enjoy oatmeal for breakfast and these cookies remind me of that and are great if you're on-the-go.
you'll love these oatmeal breakfast cookies
- 3 ingredients! does it get any easier than that?
- no fancy equipment! you can mix these entirely by hand without a mixer.
- healthy and satisfying. One of these for breakfast snack with a piece of fruit will take you straight through to lunch!
- rolled oats - I like to use quick oats in this recipe or you can substitute the old-fashioned oats
- chocolate chips - I like to use the mini chocolate chips in these cookies
- bananas - overripe banana with nice dark brown spots will add just the right amount of sweetness.
Add in your favourite of any of the following:
- walnuts, pecans, sliced or slivered almonds
- chopped dates
- dried cranberries
- dried cherries
This super quick and easy recipe will be ready in 1,2,3!
1 - Mash the bananas
2 - Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
3 - Shape by hand into round discs and place on cookie sheet.
Bake in 350°F oven for 12 to 14 minutes. They will still be a little soft when you take them out of the oven.
Cool baked cookies on wire rack, then enjoy!
storage and freezing instructions
Storage: Store cooled cookies in a covered container for up to 2 days.
Freezing: These cookies freeze very well. You can place them in a freezer container or ziplock freezer bag for up to three months.
Thaw at room temperature for a few hours before eating.
my top tips
Almost all grocery stores have a rack with reduced produce. This is the perfect spot to find ripe bananas that are perfect for these cookies.
Make these cookies your own by adding in your favourite nuts or dried fruit.
you might also enjoy these recipe
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please take a moment to comment below and give it a five-star recipe rating. I would love to hear from you! Subscribe to join the community and receive regular updates straight to your inbox! Let's connect via Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest!Print