TikTok Cinnamon Rolls with Heavy Cream were the viral TikTok cinnamon rolls that we simply had to try and see for ourselves.
This easy recipe will level up your store-bought cinnamon rolls and the difference is deliciously remarkable and takes 5-10 minutes to make, plus the baking time!
- What are Tik Tik Cinnamon Rolls?
- What makes TikTok cinnamon rolls special?
- What ingredients are in the famous TikTok cinnamon rolls?
- What type of canned cinnamon rolls should I use?
- Do I have to use heavy cream?
- Who invented these viral tiktok cinnamon rolls?
- Can I use a different flavor of cinnamon roll?
- Step by step instructions - How to make the best Tik Tok Cinnamon Rolls!
- Storage instructions - How to store TikTok Cinnamon Rolls
- Tips for making TikTok Cinnamon Rolls
- More Cinnamon Roll Recipes - Check these out!
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What Goes with Cinnamon Rolls?
- You Might Also Enjoy These Recipes
What are Tik Tik Cinnamon Rolls?
Viral TikTok cinnamon rolls are the latest viral food trend on social media, and the best part is that they taste just as delicious as homemade cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting!
Tik Tok recipes are fun to make and you know that if they've gone viral, thousands of people have tested the recipe and you know if must be delicious.
If you love recipes with canned cinnamon rolls, try my Cinnamon Roll Apple Cobbler. It's made with two ingredients and will delight your guests.
They taste like apple cinnamon rolls with the apple pie filling mixed in with the canned cinnamon rolls. So tasty! My Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cups are equally delicious!
With simple ingredients and only one or two extra steps using brown sugar and heavy cream takes this breakfast recipe to the next level, making it a love language in itself. The secret ingredient: heavy cream.
Made using store-bought cinnamon rolls, it's easy to see why this easy hack for cinnamon rolls went viral. If you've ever wondered 'how do you make store bought cinnamon rolls taste homemade', this is it!
Like air fryer cinnamon rolls, these are quick easy and perfect for the weekends. A can of cinnamon rolls (or two for more servings) makes these the easiest cinnamon rolls ever.
What makes TikTok cinnamon rolls special?
- No making the homemade dough, waiting for the dough to rise, etc. etc. They take 5 to 10 minutes to prep! These are the best cinnamon rolls if you're in a hurry.
- This easy hack for store-bought cinnamon rolls taste as good as Cinnabon and for half the price!
- Delicious jumbo cinnamon rolls that the whole family will love!
- These easy cinnamon rolls will remind you of the Cinnabon recipe!
- They're super-moist and sweetened with the brown sugar mixture. You've gotta try them!
What ingredients are in the famous TikTok cinnamon rolls?
- Grands cinnamon rolls - the original recipe uses two cans of store-bought cinnamon rolls but we chose to use one can for a total of five servings. You can easily double the recipe to make 10! We used Pillsbury brand and you could also use Trader Joe's canned cinnamon rolls. You can find them in the refrigerator seciton of your grocery store.
- Heavy whipping cream - this is not an ingredient that can be substituted for milk!
- Butter - use salted or unsalted butter, melted.
- Brown Sugar - you can use light or dark brown sugar.
- Cinnamon - ground cinnamon is used in this recipe and adds flavor to the brown sugar mixture.
- Cream cheese - soften the cream cheese at room temperature.
- (optional) Powdered sugar to add to the icing that comes with the cinnamon rolls. We didn't think it needed the extra sweetness.
What type of canned cinnamon rolls should I use?
We used Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls but you can use your own favorite brand!
Do I have to use heavy cream?
Yes. Anything other than heavy cream, such as milk simply will not have a high enough fat content resulting in soggy cinnamon rolls - and we don't want that! Making the cinnamon rolls with heavy cream gives the cinnamon rolls moisture and a wonderful texture. Don't skip this step!
Who invented these viral tiktok cinnamon rolls?
I would love to know who the original creator is for this Tiktok hack! If you know, please drop me a note in the comments. There are several hundred creators on TikTok who have tested this recipe.
Can I use a different flavor of cinnamon roll?
Yes, you can use any flavor of cinnamon roll. In the fall, you can find pumpkin grands cinnamon rolls and sprinke a few pecans over top of them before baking. They're delicious!
Step by step instructions - How to make the best Tik Tok Cinnamon Rolls!
You can find a full printable recipe card at the bottom of this page. I've added some visual photos so that you can see how each step should look as you're making the recipe. You likely won't need them because it's such a simple recipe, but here goes.....
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom of a 9x9-inch baking dish or grease pan with nonstick cooking spray.
If you decided to double the recipe and make 10 cinnamon rolls using two cans of Grands cinnamon rolls, you will need a 9x13-inch pan or large baking dish.
Pour the heavy whipping cream over the bottom of the greased casserole dish.
Open the package of cinnamon rolls (set the frosting aside) and place the rolls in the pan on top of the cream in a single layer.
In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
Spoon the mixture over top of the cinnamon rolls. Now you can see what makes these gooey TikTok Cinnamon rolls.
Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake the rolls at 350°F for 30 minutes. The cinnamon rolls should be light golden brown when they're ready. This delicious treat is only a few minutes away now. Next, let's make the frosting.
In a small mixing bowl beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add the frosting from the cinnamon roll package and beat into the cream cheese until well combined. (Note: if you prefer the frosting to be sweeter, mix in powdered sugar a few tablespoons at a time until you reach the desired level of sweetness.)
Adding cream cheese to the frosting that comes in the package gives it a creamy texture and more flavor.
Spread the frosting over the hot, freshly baked cinnamon rolls. Serve warm.
If you feel like you need extra icing, my no-yeast cinnamon rolls recipe has a delicious recipe for cream cheese frosting.
Spread the cream cheese icing over the hot, freshly baked cinnamon rolls. Serve warm. Did you love these delicious cinnamon rolls? Be sure to comment below!
Storage instructions - How to store TikTok Cinnamon Rolls
The leftover cinnamon rolls keep in the refrigerator for up to three days, although they’re best eaten fresh on the same day that they're made. Place them in an airtight container, or wrap them loosely with plastic wrap so that the wrap doesn't stick to the icing.
Tips for making TikTok Cinnamon Rolls
- This recipe if so easy that you will likely not need tips but here are a few I would like to share with you!
- Make your own unique variation - for caramel cinnamon rolls, skip the frosting and drizzle with caramel sauce. Are you a chocolate-lover? Drizzle melted chocolate on top of the warm cinnamon rolls instead of the frosting
- Make apple pie cinnamon rolls by spooning apple pie filling over top of the cinnamon rolls and top with whipped cream of vanilla ice cream for a delicious treat.
- In the fall, add 1 to 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice to the brown sugar mixture for an easy pumpkin cinnamon roll version.
More Cinnamon Roll Recipes - Check these out!
Alton Brown Cinnamon Rolls - famous cinnamon rolls!
Ambitiious Kitchen Cinnamon Rolls are arguably the best homemade cinnamon rolls recipe ever!
Brioche Cinnamon Rolls - these overnight cinnamon rolls are perfect for the holidays!
Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls from Sally's Baking Addiction are the best!
Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls - so simple yet delicious with a can of blueberry pie filling.
Bisquick Cinnamon Rolls - quick and easy too!
Frequently Asked Questions
Heavy cream enhances the texture and adds richness to the dough, making it tender and moist. This results in a softer and fluffier cinnamon roll.
You can freeze them in an airtight container for up to one month, however I don't recommend freezing the baked TikTok cinnamon rolls.
No. The heavy cream is a necessary ingredient. Making the cinnamon rolls with heavy cream gives the cinnamon rolls moisture and a wonderful texture. Don't skip this step!
You can use any large (grand) store-bought cinnamon rolls for this recipe.
What Goes with Cinnamon Rolls?
Drinks: Coffee, tea, milk, hot chocolate all compliment cinnamon rolls.
Savory: Maple Candied Bacon - the salty bacon balances perfectly with the sweet cinnamon rolls. Another good savory option is eggs.
Healthy choices: fruit salad, yogurt
I hope you enjoyed this viral tiktok cinnamon roll hack! If you see a viral recipe or viral hack that you think should be featured on the blog, message me @shesnotcookin!