This Sausage and Potatoes Skillet Recipe comes together in just 30 minutes. A perfectly seasoned hearty dish that is packed full of flavors. We love how the texture and savory taste of the sausage pairs with the creamy fried potatoes. Making this one pot delicious dish a balanced and satisfying plate of comfort food!!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
Easy Sausage and Potatoes Recipe
This sausage and potatoes recipe is an easy breezy dinner with everything cooked in the same pan. I love how the flavors of the seasonings, sausage and peppers all come together in perfect harmony!!
The fresh lemon juice, chicken stock and garlic seasoning give the dish so much flavor and depth. Make this for dinner and watch everyone come back for seconds!!
- Potatoes – 1 1/2 pounds of creamy Yukon Gold baby potatoes cut into quarters
- Sausage – I used a pre-cooked chicken sausage cut into cubes which offers a lighter profile
- Lemon – fresh lemon
- Red Pepper – seeded and finely chopped into cubes
- Onion – yellow cooking onion finely diced
- Chicken Stock
- Italian Seasoning
- Chili Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper – I used Kosher salt and black pepper
- Parsley – chopped
Do not leave out the lemon, as it is the secret ingredient to give this dish a fresh flavor blending all the ingredients together.
Other great sausages to use in this recipe are Italian sausage, bratwurst, chorizo, kielbasa, smoked sausage and turkey sausage.
Step by step instructions for how to make sausage and potatoes recipe
STEP ONE – In a large skillet add the potatoes, 2 tablespoons oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Over medium heat stir for 14-21 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and tender. Transfer the potatoes to a plate.
STEP TWO – To the skillet add sausages, peppers, onion, 1 tablespoon of oil, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Stir for 5 minutes or until the sausage has a golden brown color.
STEP THR E- To the skillet add the chicken stock and potatoes. Stir to deglaze the pan and to get everything in the skillet incorporated. Stir until the liquid has evaporated.
STEP FOUR – Remove the skillet from the heat and add parsley and enjoy!
Add a Cajun flare by using Cajun spices like paprika and cayenne pepper served with sour cream and a drizzle of hot sauce for an extra flavor kick!!
Sandra’s Top Tips
- You can double the sausage if you like more meat
- Use fresh lemon as it is a key ingredient
- I love this recipe for meal planning ahead by making it for dinner one night and then enjoying it for a quick snack or lunch
- Enjoy breakfast for dinner by adding wells on the top of the recipe when done cooking and adding eggs to the wells to cook. Like a breakfast hash!!
Storage and freezing instructions
This is one of the best prep meals as you can keep your leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days using an airtight container.
You can freeze using a freezer-safe dish for up to 3 months.
Thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating.
Reheat in the skillet on the stove, or a microwave in single servings with microwave-safe dish using 30 second intervals.Print