1 cup butter
1 and 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs (room temperature)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 and 1/2. cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips
215g/7.6 oz. Reese's mini peanut butter cups, chopped
- In a large bowl, or bowl from stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine all purpose flour and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and stir just until combined.
- Reserve a few chocolate chips and Reese's peanut butter cups to press into cookies before baking.
- Add in remaining chopped Reese's peanut butter cups and chocolate chips. Stir until mixed into the dough.
- For jumbo cookies, use a 1/4 cup measuring scoop and place cookie dough balls onto prepared baking sheet, 6 to a sheet. Press a few chocolate chips and Reese's peanut butter cup chunks into the top of each cookie.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 15 to 17 minutes. The cookies will be quite soft when you remove them from the oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for two to three minutes, then transfer to wire cooling rack.
- Butter - I use salted butter in this recipe. If you are using unsalted butter, I recommend adding 1/2 tsp. salt to the dry ingredients.
- Store cooled cookies in an airtight container for up to one week at room temperature. Cookies can also be refrigerated.
- Freeze cookies in airtight container for up to two months.
- Add-ins/Substitutions: - add in 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, either salted or unsalted.
- Substitute - white chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, peanut butter morsels/chips for the chocolate chips or candy-coated Reese's Pieces.
- For smaller cookies, reduce baking time to 9 to 11 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Reese's Peanut Butter Chip Cookies