So quick and easy to make, these sweet, No Bake Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies are the perfect accompaniment for a holiday baking tray or any festive occasion!
We love our variation for these cereal peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate, and who does not lot love the peanut butter and chocolate combination?!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
These No Bake Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Balls and Corn Flakes were always one of my favourites – and still are!
Growing up, I have found memories of my mom making these peanut butter balls with Rice Krispies recipe every year, for our holiday baking trays.
I still look forward to coming home to my parents house during the holidays and helping my mom to make these delicious crispy peanut butter balls with Rice Krispies.
It is a great recipe to involve the kids to help make these peanut butter balls, making some new treasured memories during the holidays.
When the kids are not popping these in their mouths, these are great little peanut butter treats made with cereal to package up and give as a gifts or for cookie exchanges.
You can enjoy them plain, or dipped in chocolate or a mixture of both like we like to do!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Really quick and easy no bake peanut butter balls
- Easily customize your Rice Crispy peanut butter balls
- Great kid-friendly cereal dessert to enjoy all year long
- Easy fun addition to holiday baking trays that disappear fast
Ingredients for old fashioned peanut butter balls with Rice Krispies
- Rice Krispies
- Corn Flakes
- Peanut Butter (smooth)
- Corn Syrup
- Granulated Sugar
- Sweetened Coconut
How to make Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies no chocolate
1. In a medium saucepan, combine corn syrup, granulated sugar and salt.
2. Bring to a very low boil over medium heat for one minute.
3. Remove from heat and pour mixture into a large mixing bowl.
4. Add peanut butter and vanilla and stir to combine.
5. Add in Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies and coconut and stir well to combine. I like to let the mixture cool for two minutes, then rinse hands in warm water and combine by hand to mix. Be careful though! Mixture will be hot for a few minutes.
6. Roll by hand into 1 and 1/2 inch balls.
Variations for easy peanut butter balls with Rice Krispies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls with Rice Krispies is the best variation.
Melt 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips in the top of a double-boiler or over very low heat in a saucepan, being careful not to scorch the chocolate.
Once the chocolate has melted, dip Peanut Butter Balls into chocolate and place on waxed paper to cool and set.
If desired, melt additional white chocolate (2oz) and drizzle in a pattern over once the dark chocolate has set.
You can also make crunchy peanut butter balls by using your favorite crunchy peanut butter.
Top tips for making chocolate peanut butter balls with Rice Krispies best recipe
- Do not overcook the filling or it will get hard quickly
- Using pure vanilla extract really improves the flavor
- Always use the best quality ingredients for the best baking results
- Our Rice Krispie peanut butter ball recipe includes Corn Flakes that really adds flavor and texture for the best peanut butter balls
Can you use a different nut butter?
Yes you can! You can use almond butter, crunchy peanut butter, and even Biscoff if you prefer.
Storage and freezing instructions for peanut butter balls with Rice Krispies and coconut
Store using parchment paper to separate the layers in an airtight container for up to 7 days in the fridge.
Freeze user a freezer-safe container with parchment paper to separate any layers for 2 to 3 months.
Thaw in the fridge or at room temperature before serving.