Enjoy these Hershey Kiss Sugar Cookies alongside your favorite Peanut Butter Blossoms. They're quick and easy with no chilling required for the dough. Enjoy them plain or with red and green sanding sugar. Great for cookie exchanges and holiday baking.
This recipe is a riff on my funfetti sugar cookies and they turned out delicious for these Hershey Kiss Sugar Cookies. I used the sugar cookie kisses but you can use any flavour. Even the peppermint kisses are delcious with the sugar cookie base.
You can easily double the recipe for a large batch. Sometimes, I leave out the sprinkles on some of them and the cookie is delicious plain as well!
- Butter - use softened butter for this recipe. Take the butter out of the fridge 30 to 60 minutes before you start the recipe.
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar - I use light brown sugar in this recipe. Dark brown sugar may be substituted as well.
- Egg - large egg, room temperature. Take the egg out of the fridge 30 minutes before you start the recipe.
- Vanilla extract - use pure vanilla extract for the best taste in cookies.
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Hershey Sugar Cookie Kisses - you can substitute any of your favorite flavors of Hershey kisses.
- Red & Green sanding sugar.
Step by Step Instructions
You can find a full recipe card with a detailed ingredients list and step-by-step instructions at the bottom of this page. I've added a few visual photos to help you with the recipe as you make it.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. If you don't have parchment paper, you will simply need to use ungreased cookie sheets.
In a large mixing bowl, or bowl from stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. This usually takes a full two minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl often.
Next, add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together all purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing on low speed until well combined.
Use a cookie scoop to measure and shape 1 and ½-inch balls. Roll cookie dough balls in red or green sanding sugar (sprinkles) Place cookie dough balls on prepared baking sheets, two inches apart.
Bake in 350°F oven for 12 to 14 minutes. Cookies will still be soft with lightly browned edges and bottoms.
Let cookies sit on baking sheet for two minutes, then transfer to cooling rack and immediately press a Hershey Kiss into the centre.