Today, I am sharing the best, chewy Oreos Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies. A fun simple cookie recipe that makes a small batch of eight to ten cookies.
Oreo lovers will be delighted when they spot these delightful cookies on a Christmas cookie tray during the holidays. They're soft and chewy and also delicious any time of year!
Love Oreos? I've got you covered. These easy double chocolate Oreo cookies chocolate chip are quick and easy to make with simple ingredients.
The cookie dough is made with rich cocoa powder and the Oreo crumbs are mixed into in the creamy frosting. Double chocolate and Oreos is always a great combination!
Chopped Oreos sprinkled on top of the frosting means that you'll have burts of chocolate Oreo flavor in every single bite.
Why you'll love this cookie recipe
- Quick and easy to make with simple ingredients
- Makes a small batch that can easily be doubled
- Rich double chocolate and Oreo flavors - dreamy!
- Topped with Oreo icing need I say more
Ingredients for Oreo cookie
The full list of ingredients, amounts and instructions is listed at the bottom of this page on a full printable recipe card.
Ingredients for the chocolate Oreo cookies
- All purpose flour - use the scoop-and-level method for measuring the flour.
- Baking soda - although baking soda has a long shelf life, sometimes it's a good idea to freshen it up by purchasing a new one. And it's not an expensive ingredient!
- Cocoa powder - I used regular cocoa powder or you could substitute dark cocoa powder.
- Butter - use salted butter in this recipe. There is no additional salt added to the recipe.
- Granulated sugar
- Egg - use large eggs at room temperature.
- Pure vanilla extract - in a pinch you could substitute artificial extract, but for best flavor, I recommend good quality pure vanilla extract.
- Chocolate chips - you use semisweet chocolate chips,
- Betty Crocker Whipped Vanilla Frosting
- Mini Oreos
Substituions for Oreo chocolate cookies
You can also use regular size Oreos in this chocolate chip cookie Oreos recipe.
Switch up the chocolate chips you use with dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and chocolate chunks as well for this recipe.
Ingredients for the easy Oreo frosting
This recipe uses simple ingredients that are easy to find in local grocery stores.
Step By Step Instructions for how to make easy Oreo chocolate chip cookies
Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. If you don't have parchment paper, do not grease the cookie sheet.
You can use a stand mixer or hand mixer for this recipe.
Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add in egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
Add flour, cocoa and baking soda and combine until a soft dough forms.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Drop 8-10 large scoops of dough onto prepared baking sheet.
Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes.
Crush about 8 mini oreo cookies and fold into the frosting.
Ice each cookie with the frosting either with a knife or a 1A tip and a decorator bag.
Top with more crushed cookies.
Variations for crushed Oreos cookies recipe
You can make white chocolate chip Oreo cookies using white chocolate chips.
You can turn these into a sandwich cookie by using Oreo icing or frosting on one cookie and then place another unfrosted cookie on top. Yummy!
Oreos stuffed chocolate chip cookies is another fun variation to try.
Top tips for make the best Oreos chocolate chip cookies
- Use room temperature butter and eggs for better results
- Use salted butter as there is no other salt added to the recipe
- Always use the scoop-and-level method for measuring the flour
- After you add the Oreo frosting crush some extra Oreos on top for more Oreo flavor
Storage and freezing instructions chocolate chip Oreos cookie recipe
Store cooled, frosted cookies in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days for freshness, or in the fridge for 5 days. Parchment paper is a good idea used between the Oreo cookie layers.
Freezing Instructions: Freeze cookies without the Oreo icing in an airtight container in a single layer for 2 to 3 months.
The icing can loose its consistency and get mushy in the freezer.
Thaw at room temperature or in the fridge then ice them when ready to serve.