Chocolate Peppermint Blossom Cookies are quick and easy to make and perfect for a cookie exchange or holiday cookie platter.
Peppermint Hershey’s Kisses or candy cane Kisses are pressed into a warm, sugar-coated chocolate cookie.
Similar to a classic peanut butter blossom cookie, but with chocolate and peppermint flavors!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
Looking for new Christmas cookie recipes this holiday season? Try these easy peppermint kiss cookies. The chocolate flavor is very mild and pairs deliciously with the peppermint flavor.
We think they’re the perfect holiday cookie because who does not love Hershey Kisses they are so danged cute and these cookies taste as good as they look!
Be sure to also try our Hershey Kiss sugar cookie blossom if you love these and peanut butter blossoms!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- So quick and easy to make in as little as 15 min prep time and 8 min cooking time
- Great holiday flavor pairing with the chocolate and peppermint Hershey kiss
- Nice contrasting chocolate addition to any Christmas cookie platter
- Easily customized with your favorite Hershey Kiss
Peppermint Hershey Kisses are always easy to find at Christmas time. It’s the time of year when there are so many new flavors to enjoy with cookies.
- Butter – use butter, softened at room temperature
- Granulated sugar – sugar is used in both the cookie dough and the cookie dough balls are rolled in the sugar before baking.
- Large egg – egg should be at room temperature as well. Take it out of the fridge about 30 to 60 minutes before you start the recipe.
- All purpose flour
- Cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
- Peppermint extract
- Peppermint Hershey Kisses or Candy Cane Hershey Kisses
Step by step instructions for the making
You can find a full recipe card with an ingredients list and instructions at the bottom of this page. I’ve included a few visuals below to guide you through the recipe.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl with hand mixer, or bowl from stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter and 2/3 cup of sugar at medium speed for 4 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl often.
Add egg and vanilla and peppermint extract and beat until well-combined.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
Gradually stir in dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
Use a small cookie scoop to measure out dough and roll dough into 1-inch balls and roll each cookie dough ball in remaining 1/3 cup of sugar. (place sugar in a small shallow dish).
Place cookie dough balls 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 to 9 minutes in 350°F oven until set. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets, for two to three minutes.
Press candy cane kisses into the center of each cookie. The top of the cookies may crack a little and this is normal.
Transfer cookies to cooling racks and let cool completely.
Variations for chocolate Hershey candy cane kiss blossom cookies
This is a recipe for a chocolate peppermint Hershey Kiss but you can of course customize by using different Hershey Kisses like white chocolate (hugs) or even a double chocolate version with Milklicious Kisses.
You could use Reese’s mini cups or a mint chocolate paired with the delicious chocolate cookie base.
Top tips for making the best chocolate Hershey peppermint blossoms
- Use room temperature butter and eggs for the best results
- Use pure vanilla extract for the best flavor
- Do not shake or pat down the measured flour simply level it off from the top with a knife this is a very important to measure the flout properly
- Allow cookies to cool for a couple of minutes before pressing in the kisses
- You can also test pressing one candy cane kiss into the cookie to see if it will melt too much
- When you press the peppermint candy cane kisses into the the cookie it may crack a little this is ok and normal
What else can I do so my Hershey Kisses do not melt too much in my cookies?
You can put the Hershey Kiss candy cane bag in the freezer the night before you are going to make them!
Storage & freezing instructions for chocolate peppermint blossom cookies
Store completely cooled cookies in an airtight container using parchment paper to separate the layers for 3- 5 days or in the fridge for 7 days.
To freeze cooled cookies use a freezer-safe container separating any layers with parchment paper in the freezer for 2 – 3 months.
Thaw completely overnight in the fridge or at room temperature before serving.
You might also enjoy these recipes
- Chocolate mint Nanaimo bars
- Peppermint chocolate chip (whipped) shortbread
- Dipped pecan sandies
- Chocolate crinkle cookies with mint
- Toffee shortbread cookies
- Chocolate oreo cookies