These Lemon Roasted Greek Potatoes are crispy on the outsides and soft and lemony on the insides. All the ingredients are combined in a casserole dish and baked - yes, that's it!! So easy and delicious!
This recipe is family favourite and on our regular rotation a few times a month. Fresh flavours with delicious results every time! They are delicious with these chicken kabobs.
We've even chopped them up the next day and added them to an omelette for lunch!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS
- this recipes uses basic ingredients that you likely already have on hand!
- stress-free side dish with great results every time! Mix the ingredients together, then roast in the oven - you don't even have to stir them!
- Lemon Roasted Greek Potatoes are delicious leftover and great for meal prep.
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTIONS
- Potatoes - you can use any type of potatoes for this recipe. Yukon Gold, Russets, red potatoes or new potatoes fresh from your garden. I suggest peeling the potatoes and cut into halves, then quarters, then eighths to make beautiful wedges.
- Chicken broth/stock - If you have homemade chicken broth, that is a great option. Otherwise, there are several varieties in the grocery store that come in liquid form, cube or powdered. You can also substitute vegetable broth to make this dish vegetarian.
- Olive oil - cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil will bring you delicious results in this recipe. It is the healthiest of olive oils. I do not recommend using any other types of oils in this recipe.
- Lemon juice - fresh squeeze lemon juice is gives these roasted potatoes delicious lemon flavour that soaks right into the potatoes. Fresh is best in this recipe and avoid the bottled version.
- Garlic - fresh garlic chopped or minced. The finer you chop it, the more garlicky it will be.
- Oregano - you can use either dried oregano or fresh oregano. Use a 1 tbsp. dried to 3 tbsp. fresh as a rule of thumb for making the substitute.
- Sea salt - freshly ground Himalayan sea salt is my favourite in this recipe. You can also use table salt.
- Freshly ground pepper to taste. Yum!
- Paprika - an optional sprinkle of paprika will add more flavour and it looks great on the finished dish!
Peel potatoes and cut into eighths.
In a 13x9-inch baking dish, combine chicken stock, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. Add potatoes and stir to coat the potatoes.
Cook in 350°F oven, uncovered for 1 and ½ hours.
As the potatoes roast the tips will turn brown and crispy while the rest of the potato soaks up the chicken broth, lemon juice, garlic and fresh herbs. You do not have to stir during baking!
Check the potatoes with a fork for doneness and roast for another 15 minutes if required.
STORAGE & REHEATING INSTRUCTIONS
- Cooled, leftover potatoes can be stored in the refrigerator in a covered container for up to four days. (They are delicious leftover)!!
- To reheat leftover potatoes, preheat oven to 350F and cook for about 15 minutes until potatoes are warmed through to the middle. Alternatively, you can reheat them in the microwave until warm.
Yes and no. You can start the potatoes in the microwave to the shorten the time. I did this many times when I was in a rush after working all day.
Put all ingredients in a microwave-safe dish and cook at medium power for 10-15 minutes, stirring often. Then, bake as directing in the recipe for 1 hr and 15 minutes.
OTHER SIDE DISH RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please take a moment to comment below. I would love to hear from you! Subscribe to join the community and receive regular updates straight to your inbox! Let's connect via Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest!Print