Lemony potatoes roasted in lemon juice garlic, chicken broth and oregano makes this an amazing side dish. Crispy on the outside with a creamy center. This is one of those classic recipes that can accompany so many meals.
2 and a half pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into eighths
1 and half cups chicken broth
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. dried oregano (fresh 2-3tbsp.)
1 tsp. salt
Fresh ground pepper to taste
Sprinkle of paprika (optional)
1. Peel potatoes and cut into thick wedges. Rinse well, drain.
2. In a 13x9 inch baking dish, mix chicken broth, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano salt and pepper.
3. Add potatoes and stir to coat potatoes.
4. Bake, uncovered for 1 and 1/2 hours at 350F. Test with fork, and cook an additional 15 minutes if needed. For best results, allow the dish to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Use any type of potatoes for this recipe. Yukon Gold, Russets, red potatoes or new potatoes fresh from your garden.
- If using fresh, new potatoes straight from the garden, you can simply wash them and leave the skin on if you like.
- Storage instructions: Cooled, leftover potatoes can be stored in the refrigerator in a covered container for up to four days. (They are delicious leftover)!!
- To reheat leftover potatoes, preheat oven to 350°F and cook for about 15 minutes until potatoes are warmed through to the middle. Alternatively, you can reheat them in the microwave until warm.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Greek
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 572.3 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.7 g
- Fiber: 4.9 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.8 mg
Keywords: Lemon Roasted Greek Potatoes