This is the best peach crisp recipe! A layer of juicy, fresh peaches are topped with a crunchy topping with oats and pecans. This easy summer dessert recipe is delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
A bubbling layer of peaches with a crispy topping with oats and pecans, this Peach Crisp is my new favourite!! I know, I say that a lot but I have fallen in love with peaches all over again!!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- simple ingredients with no fancy equipment needed. You can make this recipe in a cast iron skillet or an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- this recipe is a great way to enjoy fresh peaches. We often end up with an abundance when we buy large baskets and this is a perfect way to enjoy them!
- if you love fresh fruit crisps, then you might also enjoy this cast iron skillet apple crisp. Apple season is coming up next!
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTIONS
- pecans - toasted pecans are delicious sprinkled on the topping. If you like, you can also substitute walnuts or sliced/slivered almonds.
- fresh peaches- you can use any variety of peaches. When you peel them, leaving the skin on is optional.
- lemon juice and lemon zest
- granulated sugar
- rolled oats - you can use either old-fashioned rolled oats or quick oats. If you're using quick oats, you may need to add up to a ½ cup more oats as they are smaller and finer than the old-fashioned ones. Add them in until the mixture is crumbly.
- all-purpose flour
- butter - be sure to use very cold, cubed butter.
- brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease cast iron skillet or 8x8-inch baking dish.
Spread out pecans in one layer on baking sheet and toast the pecans for 8 minutes.
Peel and slice the peaches, then set aside. Whether or not you leave the skin on the peaches it up to you! I leave them on a few of the peaches but peel the rest completely.
In a small mixing bowl, add the peaches, then sprinkle with lemon juice, lemon zest. granulated sugar and cornstarch.
Stir gently until combined.
Spread the peaches out in one layer in the bottom of the prepared cast iron skillet.
In a small mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, all-purpose flour, salt, cinnamon and cold, cubed butter. Use a pastry blender or clean hands to mix until crumbly.
Sprinkle the mixture on top of the peaches.
Next, sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans on top.
Bake in 350°F oven for 40 minutes. Mixture will be bubbly. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
STORAGE & FREEZING INSTRUCTIONS
Peach Crisp can be covered and refrigerated for up to three days.
Although you can freeze a peach crisp, I would recommend baking it in an 8x8-inch baking pan if you plan on freezing it. Simply cover the container with plastic wrap, then foil and freeze for two to three months.
Thaw in the refrigerator, then warm up in 325°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes.Print