This is the best peach crisp recipe! A layer of juicy, fresh peaches are topped with a crunchy topping with oats and pecans. This easy summer dessert recipe is delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
A bubbling layer of peaches with a crispy topping with oats and pecans, this Peach Crisp is my new favourite!! I know, I say that a lot but I have fallen in love with peaches all over again!!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- simple ingredients with no fancy equipment needed. You can make this recipe in a cast iron skillet or an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- this recipe is a great way to enjoy fresh peaches. We often end up with an abundance when we buy large baskets and this is a perfect way to enjoy them!
- if you love fresh fruit crisps, then you might also enjoy this cast iron skillet apple crisp. Apple season is coming up next!
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTIONS
- pecans - toasted pecans are delicious sprinkled on the topping. If you like, you can also substitute walnuts or sliced/slivered almonds.
- fresh peaches- you can use any variety of peaches. When you peel them, leaving the skin on is optional.
- lemon juice and lemon zest
- granulated sugar
- rolled oats - you can use either old-fashioned rolled oats or quick oats. If you're using quick oats, you may need to add up to a ½ cup more oats as they are smaller and finer than the old-fashioned ones. Add them in until the mixture is crumbly.
- all-purpose flour
- butter - be sure to use very cold, cubed butter.
- brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease cast iron skillet or 8x8-inch baking dish.
Spread out pecans in one layer on baking sheet and toast the pecans for 8 minutes.
Peel and slice the peaches, then set aside. Whether or not you leave the skin on the peaches it up to you! I leave them on a few of the peaches but peel the rest completely.
In a small mixing bowl, add the peaches, then sprinkle with lemon juice, lemon zest. granulated sugar and cornstarch.
Stir gently until combined.
Spread the peaches out in one layer in the bottom of the prepared cast iron skillet.
In a small mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, all-purpose flour, salt, cinnamon and cold, cubed butter. Use a pastry blender or clean hands to mix until crumbly.
Sprinkle the mixture on top of the peaches.
Next, sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans on top.
Bake in 350°F oven for 40 minutes. Mixture will be bubbly. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
STORAGE & FREEZING INSTRUCTIONS
Peach Crisp can be covered and refrigerated for up to three days.
Although you can freeze a peach crisp, I would recommend baking it in an 8x8-inch baking pan if you plan on freezing it. Simply cover the container with plastic wrap, then foil and freeze for two to three months.
Thaw in the refrigerator, then warm up in 325°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
I would love it if you left a comment about this recipe below! Subscribe to join the community and receive regular updates straight to your inbox! Let's connect via Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest!Print
Best Peach Crisp Recipe
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
This is the best peach crisp recipe! A layer of juice, fresh peaches are topped with a crunchy topping with oats and pecans. Delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
½ cup pecans, toasted
6 cups fresh peaches (approximately 7 to 10 peaches)
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon zest
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 and ¼ cups rolled oats (old-fashioned large flake)
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
5 tbsp. cold butter, cubed
⅛ tsp. salt
½ tsp. cinnamon
⅓ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- Place ½ cup pecans onto baking sheet and toast in 350°F oven for 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Peel peaches, pit and slice. (keeping the skin on is optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine peaches, lemon zest, lemon juice, granulated sugar and cornstarch. Stir gently to combine.
- Spread peaches in greased cast iron skillet or baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, all-purpose flour, salt and cinnamon.
- Add in cubed, cold butter and mix with a pastry blender or by hand until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture on top of peaches.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and toasted pecans on top.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 40 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Optional but recommended is a scoop of delicious vanilla ice cream!
- Peach Crisp can be made in a greased 8x8-inch baking dish in place of the cast iron skillet.
- Rolled oats - if you want to substitute quick oats for the large flakes, that okay! You may need to add another ¼ cup to to the topping. Mix the recipe as stated in the recipe card, then add two tablespoons of rolled oats at a time until the mixture is crumbly.
- Pecans can be substituted with walnuts.
- Peach Crisp can be covered and refrigerated for up to three days.
- Although you can freeze a peach crisp, I would recommend baking it in an 8x8-inch baking pan if you plan on freezing it. Simply cover the container with plastic wrap, then foil and freeze for two to three months.
- Thaw in the refrigerator, then warm up in 325°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 helping
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 25.2 g
- Sodium: 40.1 mg
- Fat: 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.3 g
- Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 19.1 mg
Keywords: Best Peach Crisp Recipe
This is so easy to make in the skillet and so good as well!!