Juicy, fresh summer peaches are moist and flavourful in this Easy Peach Bread with Fresh Peaches.
A delicious peach glaze tops off this moist peach quick bread and adds deliciousness with every bite.
I first tried this delicious peach bread when I was working in Georgia on business, as eating fresh peaches in Georgia is a must thing to do.
I knew I was going to make this delicious moist peach dessert for my family as soon as I took my first juicy bite.
Whether you call it peach cake like, a quick bread or a peach dessert recipe it is one of our favorite peach recipes along with peach cobbler pound cake made in a bundt pan.
Peach recipes like my peach cobbler are so good and not to be enjoyed just in the summer but especially for the holidays.
If you love quick bread recipes, you will want to try these next:
These delicious loaf cakes will stay nice and moist for days and they are tried, tested and true recipes that have been loved by our family dozens of times.
- Why you'll love this peach recipe
- Ingredients and substitutions for easy peach bread recipe
- How to select the best peaches for baking
- Step by step instructions for making fresh peach bread recipe
- Variations for recipe for peach bread
- Top tips for making the best peach bread recipe
- Can I make peach bread using canned peaches?
- How to store peach bread?
- How to freeze recipe peach bread?
- You may also enjoy these dessert recipes
Why you'll love this peach recipe
- Quick and easy - my two favorite words! No fancy equipment needed and you can make this peach bread completely by hand.
- This is hands-down the best Peach Bread Recipe. The orange and peach glaze is drizzled on top and well, let's just say it's heavenly.
- This recipe is great for changing up the fruit and lends itself to variations.
Ingredients and substitutions for easy peach bread recipe
- Dry ingredients - all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Granulated sugar
- Fresh peaches - juicy, fresh summer peaches are best in this recipe, although you can use canned peaches by draining the liquid and patting them dry with paper towel.
- Eggs - take eggs out of the fridge 30 to 60 minutes before baking so that they are at room temperature when you start your recipe.
- Butter - melted & cool. I only recommend using butter in this recipe with no substitutions.
- Orange juice - I've used both fresh squeezed and high-quality bottled orange juice in this recipe with great results.
- Powdered sugar - for the glaze.
- Lemon zest - lemon zest adds delicious flavour to this peach loaf.
How to select the best peaches for baking
Have you ever picked up peaches in the grocery store and been disappointed when you brought them home to discover that they are bland, under ripe and tasteless?
Buying peaches when they are fresh in season is one way to be sure that you will have delicious, juicy, ripe peaches.
Foodland Ontario has this article about fresh peaches and what to look for:
'Look for fruit that's relatively firm, with a smooth skin, sweet aroma and clear peach background colour. Avoid wrinkled skin or a greenish tinge at the end, or excessively soft, bruised or blemished fruit'.
Step by step instructions for making fresh peach bread recipe
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x4-inch loaf pan.
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt sugar and lemon juice. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
Peel and chop the peaches into bite-sized pieces. Add them to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
In a small mixing bowl, beat one egg, the add the melted butter and orange juice. Whisk together until it's well-combined.
Butter should be melted and cooled. Adding hot butter to the egg mixture will cause it to partially cook the eggs and you don't want that!
Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined with as few strokes as possible. The mixture will be pretty thick.
Turn out and spread into a greased 8x4-inch loaf pan.
Bake in 350°F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake tester (or toothpick) inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Cool for 20 minutes before pouring the glaze over the top.
For the glaze:
For the glaze, chop 1 peach into small bite-sized pieces.
Some peaches are very juicy and can add a lot of liquid to the glaze.
Start by adding 1 tbsp. of the orange juice to 1 cup of icing sugar. Next, stir in the peaches. From there, you will need to either add the remaining orange juice or add a bit more powder sugar.
The glaze should be a pourable consistency.
Place a sheet of parchment paper or plastic wrap under the wire rack and the excess glaze will drip to the bottom. Using a spoon, drizzle the glaze on top of the loaf and allow it to drip down the sides.
I like to coat the sides as well using the glaze that has dripped onto the parchment paper. It makes the loaf moist and extra tasty!
Variations for recipe for peach bread
Add in nuts - for flavor and a bit of texture, stir in ½ cup of chopped pecans, or walnuts.
Sprinkled slivered almonds on top of the glaze after drizzling.
Add in different berries - stir in ½ cup of raspberries or blueberries for a different flavor combination.
Enjoy warmed up with vanilla ice cream or your favorite ice cream.
Top tips for making the best peach bread recipe
- Allow the eggs to sit at room temperature for 30 to 60 minutes for the best baking results
- Both fresh squeezed and store bought bottled orange juice work well in this recipe
- Measure the flour properly by scooping the flour with a spoon into the measuring cup and levelling off with a knife
- Allow to cook for 20 minutes before adding the glaze
Can I make peach bread using canned peaches?
Yes, you can use these in this recipe.Many people love to can fresh peaches to enjoy later in the year. Simply strain the peaches in a colander, pat dry with a paper towel and dice.
How to store peach bread?
Peach bread after cooled can be wrapped in plastic wrap and be stored at room temperature for 2 to 3 days. Wrap in plastic wrap and then foil and place in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If you want to enjoy peach bread stored from the fridge not cold you can leave it out at room temperature for 30 minutes before eating.
How to freeze recipe peach bread?
Peach bread can be frozen for 2 to 3 months. Allow it to cool completely before wrapping in plastic wrap, then foil.
Thaw at room temperature or in the fridge before serving.