Fresh, juicy peaches and sweetened cream cheese combined in a cobbler topping to create this Cream Cheese Peach Cobbler. This is an easy summer dessert recipe and the perfect way to enjoy this summer's fresh peaches!
- butter, melted - you can use salted OR unsalted butter for this recipe.
- cream cheese - soften at room temperature, or microwave for 30 seconds to soften cream cheese.
- granulated sugar
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- milk - I used 1% milk in this recipe. 2% and whole milk are also excellent choices.
- fresh peaches, sliced. You can choose to leave the skin on the peaches, that is personal preference! I usually leave the skin on one to two peaches and peel the remaining peaches.
- powdered sugar - for garnish
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat oven to 375°F. You will need a 9x13-inch baking dish for this recipe.
Pour melted butter into 9x13-inch baking dish and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, or bowl from stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat softened cream cheese with 3 Tablespoons of the granulated sugar and vanilla extract until well combined.
In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and 1 and ½ cups of the remaining granulated sugar.
Whisk in milk until smooth. Pour the batter into baking dish and DO NOT stir in the melted butter from the bottom of the dish.
Arrange sliced peach on top of batter, then drop heaping teaspoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture on top.
Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 35 to 40 minutes, until wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool for 15 minutes.
Serve warm, sprinkled with powdered sugar and a dollop of whipped cream (optional).