These moist and delicious Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins are quick and easy to make and stay nice and fresh for a few days.
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup rolled oats (old fashioned oats or instant)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose four
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 and 1/2 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
Sprinkle of oatmeal for tops of muffins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together buttermilk and oatmeal. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, lightly beat egg, vegetable oil and brown sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined, then add in the buttermilk/oat mixture and stir just until combined.
- Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Divide equally among the 12 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle tops with oatmeal (optional)
- Bake in 400F oven to 15-18 minutes until tester inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- If you are using frozen raspberries in this recipes, do not thaw the recipes. You can use them straight from the freezer for best results.
- Store muffins in a storage container at room temperature for two days or in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Freezing instructions: Muffins may be frozen for up to three months in freezer storage container layered between parchment or waxed paper. Thaw before eating.
- Buttermilk substitution: Measure 1 tbsp. of white vinegar or lemon juice in a liquid measuring cup. Fill with milk to the one cup line. Stir and mix, then let stand for 5 minutes. This substitution may be used for any recipe that calls for buttermilk.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 158
- Sugar: 6.2 g
- Sodium: 182.3 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.6 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 17.7 mg
Keywords: Dessert, Muffins, Raspberries