Cranberries and orange combine beautifully in this moist Cranberry Orange Bread with Glaze. The orange glaze on the top highlights the orange flavours. The sugared cranberries on top are optional and add a festive flair to this easy recipe.
I'm always happy to see the cranberries appear in the produce section of the grocery store just in time for our Canadian Thanksgiving. The first recipe I made was the delicious Easy HomemadeCranberry Sauce. We really enjoyed it on the side with our turkey dinner.
I always buy a few extra bags to have in the freezer for future baking. Cranberries freeze beautifully right in the bag that they arrive in from the store.
This Cranberry Orange Loaf with Glaze is delicious any time of year or can be spiffed up with sugared Cranberries which give it a festive touch.
Sugared Cranberries are so quick and easy to make and are delicious right out of the bowl!
How to make Cranberry Orange Bread with Glaze
This will take you ten minutes or less to mix together.
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and granulated sugar. Mix well to combine.
2. Stir in cranberries.
3. In a small bowl, beat egg, then add in melted butter and orange juice. Stir to combine.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir only until blended.
5. Turn into greased loaf pan.
6. Bake in 350F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until tested inserted in centre comes out clean.
7. Cool in pan for five minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool at least 15 minutes
8. Remove loaf from pan and place back on cooling rack.
8. In a small bowl, combine ½ cup icing sugar and 2 tbsp. orange juice. Stir well to combine and add additional orange juice, 1 tsp. at a time if needed to make a smooth, pourable glaze. The glaze should be smooth enough to slide down the edges of the loaf.
This bread will store well for about 3 days wrapped in plastic wrap and up to five days in the refrigerator. This loaf also freezes well. Wrap well in plastic wrap, then foil paper and freeze for up to three months. Let thaw completely at room temperature before slicing.
9. Pour glaze over top of loaf.
Sugared Cranberries Instructions
So simple, yet festive and effective as a garnish, these Sugared Cranberries can easily be made while the loaf is in the oven.
In a small saucepan, combine ¼ cup granulated sugar and ¼ cup of water. Stir well to dissolve the granulated sugar. Slowly bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently for 3 minutes.
Stir in the cranberries and mix well.
Transfer the cranberries to a cooling rack or place on waxed paper, ensuring the the cranberries are not touching each other. They will become very sticky as they dry and will be difficult to separate if they're grouped together.
Allow the cranberries to dry for 20 minutes.
Place ½ cup sugar in a small bowl, then stir in the cranberries ,four or five at time, coating with the sugar.
Sugared cranberries may be stored in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days in an airtight container.Print