This Boursin Mashed Potatoes Recipe is really creamy and so delicious. It's an easy recipe that has only five simple ingredients and can be ready in less than 30 minutes! It's the perfect make-ahead side dish for a lovely family dinner.
We are a family who loves potatoes and this dish is pure comfort food. Easy enough for everyday on a busy weeknight, or serve them for a special occasion such as Thanksgiving or Christmas.
The herb flavor with garlic is subtle and these are contender for the best mashed potatoes ever! I think it's my favorite side dish now.
If you're a potato-lover too, you might also enjoy these au-gratin potatoes. You can change up the cheeses to suit your taste to whatever cheese you might have on hand.
If you try this recipe, please drop a comment below to let us know how you enjoyed them!
Ingredients & Notes
- Potatoes - I typically use Russets for this recipe or you can use any of your favorite potatoes, or what you have on hand! Yukon gold, red potatoes, or new potatoes fresh from the garden. You can choose to leave the skin on as well if you prefer that.
- Boursin Garlic & Herb Cheese - once you've tried this one, experiment with different flavors!
- Milk or Heavy Cream - this is really personal preference and with the cream cheese, you can easily use milk instead of heavy cream.
- Butter - of course! What would mashed potatoes be without butter? Use either salted or unsalted and adjust the seasonings of salt and black pepper before serving.
- Fresh chives (or dried) for garnish and added flavor. You can also add any of your favorite fresh herbs.
How to Make Creamy Boursin Mashed Potatoes
Peel potatoes and cut into 2-inch pieces. Place in large pot, filled with water. Bring to a full boil, then reduce temperature and cook for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender. Be careful not to overcook!
Add milk (or cream if using) to the hot pot and stir to warm it up a little. Warm milk wills prevent the potatoes from cooling off.
Return potatoes to pot and add in cubed Boursin cheese, butter, salt and pepper. Mash with potato masher (or potato ricer) until smooth and creamy. Taste seasoning and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
How to Serve Boursin Mashed Potatoes
Garnish with fresh chives and you may want to add a little more butter.
Cover and refrigerate for up to four days. Reheat in microwave.
Frequently Asked Questions
Adding Boursin cream cheese to mashed potatoes makes them unique and delicious! The mellow herb and garlic flavor is our favorite!
Boursin mashed potatoes are similar to traditional mashed potatoes, with the addition of flavored Boursin cream cheese during the mashing stage.
If you cut potatoes into two inch chunks, boiling should take 10-15 minutes. Test with a fork until they are fork-tender and be careful not to overcook.