These Banana Coconut Cupcakes have a delicate hint of coconut in every bite. They are moist with a cake-like texture. Enjoy them plain, or top them with icing!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- no fancy equipment required!
- basic pantry ingredients
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTIONS
- buttermilk may be substituted by making your own by following these steps: Measure out a cup of milk and add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar. Stir, then allow it to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- combine all of the dry ingredients and coconut
- in a separate bowl, mix together bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. Set aside
- In a third bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter for 1 minute. (use larger bowl for this as you will be adding all the other ingredients into it)
- add brown sugar, then eggs
- alternating, beat in the dry ingredients, then banana mixture
- fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the tops of the cupcakes spring back when pressed. Check the centre of the cupcake and ensure that it comes out clean using a skewer
- Cool then frost with Cream Cheese Icing if desired