These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars are chewy and moist. A mild peanut butter flavour mixed with chewy oatmeal and yummy chocolate chips. This quick and easy dessert recipe makes a nice big batch.
YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE!
- it's filled with delicious oatmeal, peanut butter and chocolate chips
- basic pantry ingredients and no fancy equipment needed. You could even mix them by hand!
- these bars store well at room temperature and taste delicious and most for up to five days.
- if you love my Criss Cross Peanut Butter Cookies or Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies, then you'll love these!
INGREDIENTS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
Butter - I recommend butter in this recipe and not margarine. If you use margarine, the squares will be greasy.
Rolled Oats - Use quick oats. If you only have the large flakes, then pulse them for about 5 seconds in a food processor. Do not use steel-cut oats in this recipe.
Pecans - Walnuts can be substituted for the pecans and are equally delicious!
Chocolate Chips - Use dark or milk chocolate chips in these bars.
(see full, detailed instructions on recipe card at bottom of page)
- Cream together butter, peanut butter and brown sugar
- Add eggs
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl
- Add flour to the butter mixture.
- Stir in rolled oats, then nuts and chocolate chips
- Pour into greased 9x13 inch baking pan
- I've experimented with this recipe a lot. Because it's in such a large pan for a bar recipe, the edges will start to brown at the 20 minute mark at 350F. That's when you turn the oven down to 325F and cook for the remaining 10-15 minutes.
Let them cool at least 15 minutes before cutting into squares
How to serve Oatmeal Chocolate Chip & Peanut Butter Squares
These are the perfect afternoon treat. Tall glass of milk, cup of coffee or tea. Dare I say topped with a dollop of vanilla ice cream - oh my.