These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars are chewy and moist. A mild peanut butter flavour mixed with chewy oatmeal and yummy chocolate chips. This quick and easy dessert recipe makes a nice big batch.
YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE!
- it's filled with delicious oatmeal, peanut butter and chocolate chips
- basic pantry ingredients and no fancy equipment needed. You could even mix them by hand!
- these bars store well at room temperature and taste delicious and most for up to five days.
- if you love my Criss Cross Peanut Butter Cookies or Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies, then you'll love these!
INGREDIENTS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
Butter - I recommend butter in this recipe and not margarine. If you use margarine, the squares will be greasy.
Rolled Oats - Use quick oats. If you only have the large flakes, then pulse them for about 5 seconds in a food processor. Do not use steel-cut oats in this recipe.
Pecans - Walnuts can be substituted for the pecans and are equally delicious!
Chocolate Chips - Use dark or milk chocolate chips in these bars.
(see full, detailed instructions on recipe card at bottom of page)
- Cream together butter, peanut butter and brown sugar
- Add eggs
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl
- Add flour to the butter mixture.
- Stir in rolled oats, then nuts and chocolate chips
- Pour into greased 9x13 inch baking pan
- I've experimented with this recipe a lot. Because it's in such a large pan for a bar recipe, the edges will start to brown at the 20 minute mark at 350F. That's when you turn the oven down to 325F and cook for the remaining 10-15 minutes.
Let them cool at least 15 minutes before cutting into squares
How to serve Oatmeal Chocolate Chip & Peanut Butter Squares
These are the perfect afternoon treat. Tall glass of milk, cup of coffee or tea. Dare I say topped with a dollop of vanilla ice cream - oh my.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY...Print
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 30
These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip & Peanut Butter Squares are chewy and moist. A mild peanut butter flavour mixed with chewy oatmeal and yummy chocolate chips. Bet you can't eat just one!
½ cup butter
⅔ cup smooth peanut butter
1 and ½ cup brown sugar
2 medium eggs
1 cup all purpose flour
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 and ¼ cups rolled oats
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chocolate chips
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter and brown sugar. Mix on medium speed for one minute.
2. Add eggs and mix for one more minute.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt.
4. Add flour mixture to butter/sugar/egg mixture. Mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
5. Gradually, stir in rolled oats, followed by the nuts then chocolate chips.
6. Pour into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
7. Bake at 350F oven for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 325F (edges will be browning) and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
Substitute walnuts for the pecans if desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 15.7 g
- Sodium: 71 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.9 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 19 mg
Keywords: Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars, Dessert
Yum, this was fantastic! I swapped almond halves and added chia seeds. Yummy and healthy! Kids loved it!
These are really good and kid approved for sure. Love them for an afternoon snack!!
I've come back to these bars about 5 times now. Tried and true, they haven't let me down!
Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know you enjoyed these Peanut Butter Bars! They're a hit in our family too 🙂