This heritage recipe is a tried and tested, fool-proof recipe. If you love lemon, then you're going to love this moist lemon cake recipe! It's quick and easy to make and you'll have everyone asking you for this recipe!
I'm excited to share this Glazed Lemon Loaf recipe with you! This is one of these recipes that you make, then think - I should have made a double batch!
Freshly squeezed lemon juice mixed with sugar creates a sweet lemon glazed that is drizzled over the loaf when it is still warm from the oven - heavenly!!
YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE!
- it's SO easy to make! no fancy equipment required and takes little time to mix up.
- this is a tested recipe with consistent results that you can count on
- uses basic ingredients that you might already have in your pantry/refrigerator
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTIONS
- take the butter out of the refrigerator 30 to 60 minutes before you begin baking since it needs to be softened at room temperature. Same for the eggs.
- use the freshest lemons that you can find and be sure to wash them thoroughly in warm (not hot) water and pat dry before zesting them. There's nothing better than fresh lemon flavour!
- I use 1% milk in this recipe or you can also use 2% or whole milk.
INSTRUCTIONS & EXPERT TIPS
The step-by-step photos below will give you a visual idea about how the batter will look as you're preparing this recipe.
- one of the keys to the delicate texture of this loaf is to ensure that you are not over mixing the ingredients. When you add the flour, stir only until moistened.
- drizzle the glaze over the loaf when it is still warm from the oven, allowing it to soak in completely.
- resist the urge to open the door the check on the loaf too early during the baking process. This can cause your loaf to sink in the middle. Turn on the oven light to keep an eye on it.
STORAGE & FREEZING INSTRUCTIONS
Wrap the loaf in plastic wrap and store on kitchen counter for up to three days.
You can also freeze the loaf by wrapping it in two layers of plastic wrap (and a layer of foil as well if you have it). The loaf will keep in the freezer for up to one month.
Thaw completely at room temperature before slicing.
Wrap the cooled lemon loaf in two layers of plastic wrap. The loaf will keep in the freezer for up to one month. Thaw completely at room temperature before slicing.
Once the loaf has cooked, wrap it in plastic wrap ensuring that it covers all over the lemon loaf. Store on the kitchen counter for up to three days.
If you like this recipe, then check these out!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please take a moment to comment below and give it a star rating. I would love to hear from you! Subscribe to join the community and receive regular updates straight to your inbox! Let's connect via Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest!Print