A classic, old-fashioned easy oatmeal cookies recipe that is soft and chewy on the inside with a little crispiness on the edges. A great recipe to have on your regular rotation in the cookie jar!
Have you tried my Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies? This recipe is completely different from it, and another family favourite!
Do you love oatmeal? I'm guessing you might! Check out Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies!
These cookies are delicious dunked into hot coffee or a tall glass of milk!
Over the years, I've tried dozens of Oatmeal Cookie recipes and this one continues to be at the top of the list and I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.
Why you will love this recipe
- this recipe uses basic pantry ingredients
- like most of my recipes, it's easy to make with great results
- no fancy equipment required - simply use a hand mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment and you're set to go!
- you can use old-fashioned oats or instant oats in this recipe
- take the butter out of the refrigerator about 30-60 minutes before baking to soften it at room temperature
- eggs should be at room temperature as well
How to make this recipe
- Start by creaming together the butter and both sugars, then add in egg and vanilla and beat until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon (optional but good). Gradually add to the butter mixture, mixing slowly after each addition.
- Next, stir in the rolled oats. I find this step is easier to do by hand with a wooden spoon or with clean hands, mixing until combined.
- Roll into 1 and ½ inch balls. Dip into granulated sugar, then flatten slightly and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. (no parchment paper? leave it ungreased).
- Bake in 375F oven for 8 to 10 minutes until edges are golden. Cookies will still appear soft in the middle. Take them out of the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for one minute, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
I would love your feedback on this recipe! Please leave a star rating and comment below 🙂