Both kids and adults love regular Rice Krispie treats, but Halloween Rice Krispie treats have a special place in the hearts of many kids who grow up enjoying these crispy treats their mom or dad made.
These festive Halloween Rice Krispie treats are a perfect treat for holiday Halloween parties or to send in for a school Halloween party and for a special after school crispy cereal snack.
We hope you will be inspired to make these fall season delicious recipes!
It is the time of year to help get in the Halloween spirit and make some Rice Krispie fun Halloween treats. It really is so much fun to decorate these no bake treats with your kids using different colors, candy eyes, white chocolate and mini marshmallows.
We all seem to have less and less time to make homemade holiday treats or our kids favorite snacks.
But, with a quick trip to your local grocery store or specialty stores to grab some Rice Krispie cereal, large marshmallows, orange food coloring along with themed decorating supplies you can make these decorated homemade Rice Krispies no bake Halloween treats in as little as 10 or 15 minutes!
How to decorate Halloween Rice Krispie Treats?
To make these festive treats we also like to use some other Halloween decorating supplies besides candy corn like yellow food coloring, dark chocolate, white melted chocolate, black gel and melt candy melts like green candy melts or Reese's peanut butter cups.
We also like to use Halloween sprinkles or your favorite festive sprinkles to make spooky faces with googly eyes and other fun Halloween designs used in the instructions for our cereal treat collection.
You can even make a basic Rice Krispie treat recipe and decorate with your favorite Halloween colored icing.
Top tips for making the best Halloween Rice Krispie treats
- Use fresh marshmallows
- Melt butter gradually over low heat not medium heat stir constantly
- Add food coloring a little a time until reach your desired color
- Mix Rice Krispie mixture with butter mixture well in a large bowl but do not over mix to keep them light and crispy
- Use non stick surfaces, grease your hands, spatula, or the pan with a bit of butter or cooking spray to prevent sticking
- Shape with damp hands, when molding the treats into shapes, dampen your hands slightly to prevent sticking
- Use a greased prepared pan or baking sheet lined with parchment paper to transfer your prepared mixture from your bowl
- Allow your treats to cool and set before cutting so they hold their shape
- Have fun with decorating and flavors, add ingredients like chocolate chips, dried fruit, or crushed cookies to add texture and flavor
- Store properly
- Get the kids involved to make lasting Halloween memories
How to store classic Rice Krispie treats?
What is the best way to store Rice Krispie treats?
Store in an airtight container at room temperature using parchment paper in between any Rice Krispie layers for 3 to 5 days to maintain freshness.
I do not know about you but we have never had Rice Krispie treats that lasted that long!
How far in advance can I make Rice Krispie treats?
I recommend making Rice Krispie treats the day before is best but up to 2 days in advance, before serving. Make sure to store them properly.
Can you freeze classic Rice Krispies?
Yes you can! Freeze using a freezer safe container with parchment paper separating any rows or layers for up to 2 months.
Thaw at room temperature before serving these delicious treats at your Halloween potluck.
The only reason not to make these cute Halloween treats this Halloween season is usually that we have no time. We put a collection together to help you pick your favourite themed cereal treats out quickly, and have a fun time with your kids (and big kids) making and eating them!