Delicious flavours in this moist Cranberry Banana Bread make it the perfect treat to have with a tall glass of milk or cup of coffee.
I love having a few bags of extra cranberries in the freezer to make this delicious dessert. It tastes great when it's warm and also mellows beautifully the next day....if there's any leftover!
WHY THIS IS A GREAT RECIPE
- requires no mixer or special equipment
- basic ingredients that come together so quickly
- delivers a delicious, moist loaf that you can freeze for up to three months
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
- basic ingredients
- this recipe calls for fresh or frozen cranberries and you can also use dried cranberries in a pinch
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts is a great addition to this recipe
Start by preheating the oven to 350F, then grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
Combine egg, sugar and melted butter.
Beat until it is a nice lemony colour.
Add in another egg and mix well.
Gently add in mashed bananas and cranberries.
Mix dry ingredients together.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients being very careful not to over mix.
Now it's ready to turn into the loaf pan.
Spread evenly in loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes at 350F. Cool at least 15 minutes before slicing.
They should not be yellow. The should have several brown sections and feel slightly soft to the touch. Darker bananas contribute to the sweetness and mellow flavour of the banana bread.
Yes. You can either freeze the entire loaf, or slice it and freeze it in pieces. With both methods, wrap first in the plastic wrap, then in aluminum foil. The bread will keep in the freezer up to three months. Thaw for 2 hours before serving.
Yes. You can substitute dried cranberries.
Store banana bread, wrapped in plastic wrap on the counter for 1-2 days and in the refrigerator fo up to seven days.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE...Print
Cranberry Banana Bread
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf
Cranberry and banana combine together beautifully in this moist loaf that is quick and easy to make with great results.
¼ cup butter, melted
1 cup granulated sugar
3 mashed very ripe bananas
1 cup chopped cranberries (fresh or frozen)
1 and ½ cups all purpose flour
1 and ½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, place butter, sugar and 1 egg.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add in second egg and beat until smooth.
- Add in cranberries and bananas and mix gently, just until combined.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture all at once to wet ingredients.
- Stir only until combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Scraped into greased loaf pan.
- Bake in 350F oven for 55-60 minutes and test with cake tester to ensure it is done.
- Let stand on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool on rack.
- Wait at least another 15 minutes before slicing.
- Add in ½ cup of chopped walnuts for nice variation
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 236
- Sugar: 30 g
- Sodium: 164.3 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 47.1 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 41.2 mg
Keywords: banana bread, cranberry banana bread
Adding pecans to this recipe with frozen cranberries was delicious!
Love this moist banana and cranberry quick bread!!