Melt in your mouth shortbread, studded with delicious chocolate chips is a favourite cookie any time of year.
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
1. In a mixing bowl, (or bowl from stand mixer) on low-speed blend butter, all-purpose flour and icing sugar for 1 minute.
2. Increase speed to medium and mix for seven minutes.
3. Add in chocolate chips by hand, mixing only until combined, being gentle when mixing.
4. Using a cookie scoop or heaping tablespoon, drop onto baking sheets 12 to a sheet.
5. Bake in 350F oven for 10-12 minutes until edges are just light golden brown, being careful not to over bake.
6. Remove from oven and cool at least five minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Store cookies in an airtight container for up to five days or in refrigerator container for up to 10 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 7.8 g
- Sodium: 1.2 mg
- Fat: 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5 g
- Trans Fat:
- Carbohydrates: 14.5 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 20.3 mg
Keywords: cookies, shortbread, Christmas cookies