Melt in your mouth shortbread, studded with delicious chocolate chips is a favourite cookie any time of year.
Brands are giving away their secret recipes!
You might recall seeing in the headlines back in April of this year - 2020 - the year that will forever be remembered - big brands publishing their secret recipes as Quarantine Baking/Cooking grabbed ahold of many of us.
Have you noticed Dalgona coffee, Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookies, Disney's Churros and Ikea's famous Swedish Meatballs recipes popping up all over the internet? Well they're there!!
I was absolutely delighted to see our beloved Springridge Farm in Milton, Ontario opened their hearts and also released some of their prized recipes. These chocolate chip shortbread cookies have always been one of my favourite sweet treats to buy when we visit.
They are one of the quickest and easiest cookies I have ever made! With just a few basic pantry ingredients and one bowl for mixing, what could be easier?
Now that we have moved and live six hours away from 'Springridge' as we fondly call it, being able to make these cookies for our family was a delight. This will be our first year in thirteen years that we will not be able to visit :(. Well, maybe things will improve and we can scoot down there for a November visit - fingers & toes crossed.
In the meantime, we've already enjoyed two batches of these lovely cookies 🙂
It's beginning to look a lot like.........
I know, I know, it's only mid-October and I'm posting holiday images. I am just so excited to share so many wonderful holiday recipes with you!! If I posted ten a week between now and Christmas, I still would still have SO MANY left!!
These little gems can be made any time of year 🙂
How to make Whipped Chocolate Chip Shortbread
Butter - be sure to use real butter and not margarine. Take your butter out of the fridge 30 to 60 minutes before baking to allow it to come to room temperature.
All-purpose flour - I only recommend using all-purpose flour in this recipe
Powdered Sugar - for a bit of sweetness!
Chocolate chips - I prefer dark chocolate chips but you can certainly change it up and try butterscotch, milk chocolate or your favourite flavour - there are so many now!
That's it!!! Four ingredients! Ten minutes - you're gonna love these cookies 🙂
Step by Step Instructions
1. In a mixing bowl, (or bowl from stand mixer) on low-speed blend butter, all-purpose flour and powdered sugar for 1 minute.
2. Increase speed to medium and mix for seven minutes. Yep that's it - let it mix, grab yourself a cup of coffee and what it transform into this amazingly delicious cookie dough.
3. Add in chocolate chips by hand, mixing only until combined, being gentle when mixing.
4. Using a cookie scoop or heaping tablespoon, drop onto baking sheets, 12 to a sheet.
5. Bake in 350F oven for 10-12 minutes until edges are just light golden brown, being careful not to over bake.
6. Remove from oven and cool at least five minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack. They will be quite fragile when they first come out of the oven, so don't transfer them over too quickly.
Store cookies in an airtight container for up to five days or in refrigerator container for up to 10 days.
You Might Also Enjoy These Cookies!
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page. Don't forget to tag me when you make one of my recipes! Subscribe to join the community and receive regular updates straight to your inbox! Let's connect via Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest!Print