Melt in your mouth Whipped Chocolate Chip Shortbread, studded with delicious chocolate chips is a favourite cookie any time of year and especially at Christmas.
Brands are giving away their secret recipes!
I was absolutely delighted to see our beloved Springridge Farm in Milton, Ontario opened their hearts and also released some of their prized recipes in 2020. These chocolate chip shortbread cookies have always been one of my favourite sweet treats to buy when we visit.
They are one of the quickest and easiest cookies I have ever made! With just a few basic pantry ingredients and one bowl for mixing, what could be easier?
I know, I know, it's only mid-October and I'm posting holiday images. I am just so excited to share so many wonderful holiday recipes with you!! If I posted ten a week between now and Christmas, I still would still have SO MANY left!!
How to make Whipped Chocolate Chip Shortbread
Butter - be sure to use real butter and not margarine. Take your butter out of the fridge 30 to 60 minutes before baking to allow it to come to room temperature.
All-purpose flour - I only recommend using all-purpose flour in this recipe
Powdered Sugar - for a bit of sweetness!
Chocolate chips - I prefer dark chocolate chips but you can certainly change it up and try butterscotch, milk chocolate or your favourite flavour - there are so many now!
That's it!!! Four ingredients! Ten minutes - you're gonna love these cookies 🙂
Step by Step Instructions
1. In a mixing bowl, (or bowl from stand mixer) on low-speed blend butter, all-purpose flour and powdered sugar for 1 minute.
2. Increase speed to medium and mix for seven minutes. Yep that's it - let it mix, grab yourself a cup of coffee and what it transform into this amazingly delicious cookie dough.
3. Add in chocolate chips by hand, mixing only until combined, being gentle when mixing.
4. Using a cookie scoop or heaping tablespoon, drop onto baking sheets, 12 to a sheet.
5. Bake in 350F oven for 10-12 minutes until edges are just light golden brown, being careful not to over bake.
6. Remove from oven and cool at least five minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack. They will be quite fragile when they first come out of the oven, so don't transfer them over too quickly.
Store cookies in an airtight container for up to five days or in refrigerator container for up to 10 days.