Welcome Spring with this easy recipe for Springtime Butter Cookies! A lovely Easter dessert to add to an Easter table.
- butter - use unsalted butter for this recipe and soften it at room temperature. Take it out of the refrigerator 30 to 60 minutes before you start the recipe.
- vanilla - pure vanilla extract will give the best flavor or you can also use artificial vanilla.
- egg - large egg, room temperature
- white chocolate - use good quality white chocolate for dipping the cookies. I chose Lindt or use your favorite brand.
- sprinkles - any spring colored sprinkles will work for this recipe.
step by step instructions
This recipe has just a few simple steps!
- In a large mixing bowl, or bowl from stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and granulated sugar at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add in salt and vanilla extract and beat at medium speed until well combined.
- Add in egg and beat until combined.
- Gradually add in all purpose flour, ½ cup time and mix on low speed of mixer until combined.
- Transfer dough to decorating bag fitted with a Wilton 1M piping tip. Starting in the middle, pipe into a circle onto parchment lined baking sheet. You may need to release the dough from the tip to finish off the circle. Press it gently to the edge to finish shaping the circle, tucking it on the side.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 15 minutes. Edges should be very lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then microwave again in 10 second increments until chocolate is melted.
- Dip one side of the cooled cookies into the white chocolate and sprinkle immediately with sprinkles. Place on parchment paper until chocolate is set.
Makes 30 cookies.
Store cookies in a covered container at room temperature for up to 1 week. If dipping in chocolate, storing the chocolate-covered Butter Cookies in the refrigerator is recommended. Let them come to room temperature before serving.
Pin this to your Pinterest board!