This easy pumpkin pie with graham cracker crust takes only 10 minutes of prep time and it's the perfect make-ahead dessert for Thanksgiving dinner or a fall family gathering.
Pumpkin pie for dessert is a favorite in our family, along with this no-bake pumpkin lush recipe and spiced pumpkin bread. If you'd like to try a no-bake version of pumpkin pie, my pumpkin mousse pie is quick and easy to make too without even needing to turn on the oven!
The flavor of graham crackers combines perfectly with the warm spices and pumpkin in this easy fall dessert recipe.
If you don't have time to make a traditional pie crust and mess up the kitchen, this is your go-to pie.
Why You'll Love this Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Delicious flavor! - The creamy pumpkin filling in this pie is perfectly spiced with cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, ginger and cloves, creating a warm and comforting flavor that will give you all the 'fall feels'!
- Perfect texture - The graham cracker crust provides a delightful contrast to the smooth pumpkin filling. It's sweet, buttery, and has a satisfying crunch that complements the creamy pie filling.
- Easy Preparation: This recipe is beginner-friendly and doesn't require any complicated baking techniques. Mixing the filling and pressing the crust are straightforward steps, making it an easy dessert with no pressure as to whether or not it will turn out for guests.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Pie
This recipe uses simple ingredients. See the notes on the recipe card at the bottom of this page for subsitutes as well.
- Graham cracker crumbs - *see note on recipe card to make your own cracker crumbs
- Butter - use unsalted butter in this recipe
- Ground Cinnamon
- Pumpkin Puree (pure pumpkin) - double check the label; pumpkin pie filling is not the same as pure pumpkin.
- Evaporated milk
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground allspice
- Ground ginger
- Ground cloves
Can I substitute pumpkin pie spices for the individual spices?
Yes you can! Simply substitute 1 and ½ teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice for the individual spices.
Can I use a store-bought graham cracker crust?
Yes, you sure can. Do not bake it before adding the filling. Simply proceed to Step 6 and make the filling.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
You can find a full, printable recipe card with amounts and step-by-step instructions. I've added some photos to show you what to expect and a few tips to assist you with making the perfect pumpkin pie!
This is a delicious dessert to follow a Thanksgiving dinner.
STEP ONE - Preheat oven to 350°F.
STEP TWO - In a large mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix well to coat the graham cracker crumbs with the butter. (Mixture should resemble coarse sand)
STEP THREE - Pour graham cracker crumbs mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Use the bottom of a measuring cup or glass to press the crumbs against the bottom, and up the sides of the pie plate. Use your fingers to even out the top edge of the crust.
STEP FOUR - Bake the crust in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
STEP FIVE - Remove the crust from the oven and allow to cool on wire cooling rack while you prepare the pumpkin pie filling.
STEP SIX - MAKE THE FILLING: While the crust is cooling, mix the filling by combine all filling ingredients in a large bowl and stirring until combined.
STEP SEVEN - Pour the pumpkin mixture into the cooled graham cracker crust.
STEP EIGHT - Bake in preheated oven to 50 to 60 minutes.
TIP - After the first 30 minutes, cover the edges of the pie crust with foil to prevent over-browning of the edges.
STEP NINE - Allow the pie to cool completely and set for at least 4 hours before slicing.
STEP TEN - Serve with homemade whipped cream, cool whip or vanilla ice cream & enjoy!
How long does pumpkin pie last in the fridge?
Pumpkin pie will last in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or transfer slices to an airtight container.
Can I freeze pumpkin pie?
Yes, pumpkin pie may be frozen for up to 2 months. Cover with plastic wrap, then tightly with aluminum foil. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving.