This Easy Homemade Granola comes together in 35 minutes! Once you taste this healthy granola you will want to skip over that section in the grocery store every time! So many variations to include your favourite flavours of fruit and nuts.
YOU'LL LOVE THIS
- no fancy equipment needed here! A baking sheet, mixing bowl and a spoon is all you'll need!
- basic ingredients that you can change up with every batch!
- it's quick and easy to make and a great recipe for meal prep and makes a great breakfast
INGREDIENTS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- rolled oats - use old-fashioned rolled oats. The texture and flavour is delicious.
- pecans - whole pecans taste delicious in this granola. You can also substitute (or add in) walnuts, pistachios, sunflower seeds and whole or sliced almonds.
- pepitas/pumpkin seeds - add a delightful, healthy crunch to this granola.
- honey or maple syrup will both work in this recipe.
- golden raisins - substitute any other type of raisin or dried fruit such dried apricots, coconut.
- if you're thinking of this granola for snacking, then you might want to toss in some dark chocolate or white chocolate chips or chunks.
- sea salt brings out all the flavours in this granola.
- vanilla gives the granola another layer of flavour and combines so well - don't skip this ingredient!
- cinnamon - ground cinnamon for flavour. You can also experiment with other spices such as allspice or nutmeg.
In a large mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, pecans, pepitas, cinnamon and sea salt. Add in oil, honey and vanilla and stir until thoroughly combined.
Place on parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet and bake in 325°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring twice during baking.
Gently, stir in the golden raisins and dried cranberries.
Remove from oven and cool for one hour. Using a spoon, or by hand, stir the granola to break up the clumps.
You can stir it as much as you like depending how chunky you like your granola.
Stir in dried cranberries and golden raisins.
STORAGE AND FREEZING INSTRUCTIONS
Store cooled granola in a glass jar or plastic storage container for up to two weeks.
Granola can be frozen for up to three months by placing in a freezer container or zippered bag.
HOW TO SERVE GRANOLA
- serve with milk for a great morning breakfast idea
- yogurt parfaits taste delicious topped or layered with homemade granola
- granola also makes a great after school snack - stir in a few chocolate chips to add a bit of sweetness for a treat.