These Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Cups have only 4 ingredients and they are so easy to make! If you love cinnamon buns and you love apple pie, then you’re in for a delicious fall treat!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email below & we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
This easy recipe takes about 10 minutes to put together and bake for 25 to 28 minutes. Does it get any easier than this?!
These tasty treats remind me of mini apple pies with the delightful cinnamon roll surprise combined for a really delicious fall dessert.
It’s apple season right now and I’ve been making a lot of fresh apple recipes but the whole family enjoyed these made with canned apple pie filling.
When I say ‘simple ingredients’, I mean ‘simple ingredients’! Sure, we all love baking from scratch sometimes but then there are other times where you want a quick and easy dessert recipe that you can make and still have time to enjoy the rest of your day!
- Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls – you will want to buy the 8 pack and not the larger 5 pack of ‘Grands’ for this recipe.
- Apple Pie Filling – note that you’re going to have about 1/2 of the can of apple pie filling leftover if you make a single batch of 8 for this recipe. You could easily double it to make 16 apple pie cups and simply buy an extra container of cinnamon rolls and add in the other extra ingredients.
- Brown Sugar – I used dark brown sugar in this recipe for a deeper flavor or you can use light brown sugar as well.
- Pecans – A sprinkle of pecans really added a nice flavour and crunch to these apple pie cups.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- simple ingredients
- easy budget-friendly dessert recipe
- no fancy equipment needed
- tasty fall flavors without a lot of time spent in the kitchen!
Step by Step Instructions – How to Make Apple Pie Cinnamon Roll Cups
You can find a full printable recipe card with instructions at the bottom of this page. I’ve included a few visual step by step photos so that you can see how things should look as your progress through the recipe.
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray 8 muffin tins with cooking spray or lightly grease with butter. No cupcake liners for this recipe!
Open package according to directions and divide 8 cinnamon rolls. (set aside the icing. We’ll use it later). Place cinnamon roll in the palm of cleans hands and press down lightly to flatten.
Place each piece cinnamon roll Doug in the bottom of prepared muffin cup and press the into the muffin cups and carefully press them up the sides.
Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of apple pie filling into the bottom of the dough-lined cups. The apple pie filling that I used was quite chunky and I cut a few of the pieces into smaller chunks.
In a small bowl, combine coarsely chopped pecans with brown sugar.
Sprinkle over top of the apple pie filling.
Bake 15 to 18 minutes in preheated oven. Edges will be golden brown.
Heat icing in microwave in a small microwave-safe bowl for about 5 seconds, then drizzle over each apple pie cup.
Serve warm, either plain or with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.