Chewy, chocolaty and delicious, these Chocolate Coconut Brownies have a chocolate layer that is topped with a coconut layer and are so easy to make and sure to satisfy your desire for a sweet treat!
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTIONS
- eggs should be at room temperature. Take them out of the refrigerator half an hour to one hour before you're ready to start making the recipe.
- melt chocolate squares on top of the stove in a small pot over very low heat or in the microwave for one minute being careful not to scorch.
- once the chocolate has just started to melt, turn down the heat or remove it from the microwave and continue to stir until it has all melted.
- Combine all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, gradually add sugar to the eggs, whisking until well-combined, then add in the melted butter.
- Add flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour half of the batter into a small bowl and add the coconut and mix until combined.
- Add melted chocolate to the remaining batter and stir until combined.
- Spread chocolate batter in bottom of greased 8x8 inch square baking dish.
- Spread coconut batter on top of the chocolate batter.
- Bake in 350˚F oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack, then enjoy!