Chewy, chocolaty and delicious, these Chocolate Coconut Brownies have a chocolate layer that is topped with a coconut layer and are so easy to make and sure to satisfy your desire for a sweet treat!
Ingredients for making this recipe & tips
- eggs should be at room temperature. Take them out of the refrigerator half an hour to one hour before you're ready to start making the recipe.
- melt chocolate squares on top of the stove in a small pot over very low heat or in the microwave for one minute being careful not to scorch.
- once the chocolate has just started to melt, turn down the heat or remove it from the microwave and continue to stir until it has all melted.
How to make these brownies
- Combine all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, gradually add sugar to the eggs, whisking until well-combined, then add in the melted butter.
- Add flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour half of the batter into a small bowl and add the coconut and mix until combined.
- Add melted chocolate to the remaining batter and stir until combined.
- Spread chocolate batter in bottom of greased 8x8 inch square baking dish.
- Spread coconut batter on top of the chocolate batter.
- Bake in 350˚F oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack, then enjoy!