Coconut lovers where are you? If you love coconut desserts, you won't want to miss out on these brownies! Chewy, chocolaty and delicious, these Chocolate Coconut Brownies have a chocolate layer with moist crumbs that is topped with a chewy coconut layer. Both brownie layers are made from the same batter and this recipe is so easy!
The white coconut layer on top of the dark chocolate bottom layer is heavenly. If you're in the mood for even more chocolate, toss a quarter cup of mini chocolate chips on top of the coconut layer right before they go into the oven.
YOU'LL LOVE THIS BROWNIE RECIPE!
- no fancy equipment needed! You can make this recipe by hand with mixing bowl and spoons.
- delicious, moist chewy brownies that the whole family will love!
- this recipe freezes well - perfect for your holiday baking!
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTIONS
- eggs should be at room temperature. Take them out of the refrigerator half an hour to one hour before you're ready to start making the recipe.
- melt chocolate squares on top of the stove in a small pot over very low heat or in the microwave for one minute being careful not to scorch.
- once the chocolate has just started to melt, turn down the heat or remove it from the microwave and continue to stir until it has all melted.
- I used to add vanilla extract to this recipe but it really does not need it after testing it a few times without!
Just a few easy steps and you'll be enjoying these brownies in no time!
Start by preheating the oven to 350°F.
Grease an 8x8-inch square baking pan.
You can also line the baking pan with parchment paper which will make it easy to lift the brownies out of the plan for cutting.
Melt butter first and allow it to cool at room temperature while you continue with the remaining recipe steps.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs until they are a bit frothy. Add in the sugar a little bit at a time and stir well to combine.
Next, add in the melted butter that was melted and cooled earlier. Do not stir hot butter into the eggs! The butter needs to be cooled first. This step is very important.
Next, add the mixed dry ingredients to the egg mixture and stir just until well-combined.
Divide the batter in half and add the shredded coconut to one half and stir. Set aside.
Add the melted chocolate to the other half of the batter.
Spread the chocolate batter into prepared pan and smooth it out.
Drop the coconut batter on top and carefully spread out using a butter knife. Bake in 350°F oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Test with a toothpick at the 30 minute mark being careful not to over bake.
Cool before slicing. While some delicious brownies are best straight from the oven, these brownies really benefit from cooling down before slicing.
STORAGE & FREEZING INSTRUCTIONS
Store brownies in a covered container for up to three days. Freeze them in a freezer-safe container for up to three months.
LOOKING FOR ANOTHER BROWNIE RECIPE? YOU MIGHT ENJOY THESE
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟rating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments section further down the page. Don't forget to tag me when you make one of my recipes! Subscribe to join the community and receive regular updates straight to your inbox! Let's connect via Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest!Print