Chewy, chocolaty and delicious, these Chocolate Coconut Brownies have a chocolate layer that is topped with a coconut layer and are so easy to make and sure to satisfy your desire for a sweet treat!
This is a vintage recipe that has held up to the test of time. The combination of chocolate and coconut with the texture is really delicious!
Do you love brownies? Awesome! You'll want to be sure to check out these M&M Brownies. You can skip the M&M's and just make the fudge version. They are sinfully tasty.
YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE!
- no fancy equipment needed! You can make this recipe by hand with mixing bowl and spoons.
- delicious, moist chewy brownies that the whole family will love!
- this recipe freezes well - perfect for your holiday baking!
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTIONS
- eggs should be at room temperature. Take them out of the refrigerator half an hour to one hour before you're ready to start making the recipe.
- melt chocolate squares on top of the stove in a small pot over very low heat or in the microwave for one minute being careful not to scorch.
- once the chocolate has just started to melt, turn down the heat or remove it from the microwave and continue to stir until it has all melted.
Just a few easy steps and you'll be enjoying these brownies in no time!
Start by preheating the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8-inch cake pan.
Melt the butter before you begin and allow it to cool at room temperature.
Beat the eggs until they are a bit frothy. Add in the sugar a little bit at a time and stir well to combine.
Next, add in the melted butter that was melted earlier. Do not stir hot butter into the eggs! The butter needs to be cooled first.
Next, add the mixed dry ingredients to the egg mixture and stir just until well-combined.
Divide the batter in half and add the coconut to one half and stir. \
Add the melted chocolate to the other half of the batter.
To a greased 8x8-inch baking dish, turn in the chocolate batter and spread to smooth as evenly as you can.
Drop the coconut batter on top and carefully spread out using a butter knife. Bake in 350°F oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Test with a toothpick at the 30 minute mark being careful not to over bake.
Cool before slicing. While some brownies are best straight from the oven, these brownies really benefit from cooling down before slicing.
STORAGE & FREEZING INSTRUCTIONS
Store brownies in a covered container for up to three days. Freeze them in a freezer-safe container for up to three months.
Looking for more Brownies & Bar Recipes? I think you will love these!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please take a moment to comment below and give it a star rating. I would love to hear from you! Subscribe to join the community and receive regular updates straight to your inbox! Let's connect via Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest!Print