EASY recipe for soft, fluffy, moist muffins bursting with fresh blackberries! Greek Yogurt adds creaminess and moisture and they remain moist for days.
Blackberries bake up beautifully in these delicious Banana Blackberry Muffins.
You'll love that you don't need to start the mixer for this recipe! Two mixing bowls, a wooden spoon and a muffin tin.
Hubby declared these to be 'the best banana muffins I've ever had'.
The secret is the Greek Yogurt that adds creaminess and moisture to this recipe.
YOU'LL LOVE THESE
- no fancy equipment required! Mix these muffins by hand, using a wooden spoon.
- basic ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
- soft, fluffy, moist muffins that are quick and easy to make.
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTIONS
- butter and eggs should be at room temperature. Remove from the refrigerator ½ hour to 1 hour before starting the recipe.
- Greek yogurt is used in this recipe. Use Greek Yogurt that has some fat content to it. Sour cream may also be substituted.
- I recommend fresh blackberries in this muffin recipe. If using frozen, toss in 1 tbsp. of flour prior to adding to the batter to avoid colour bleeding.
This is a straightforward recipe that requires no mixer. It can easily be mixed by hand using a wooden spoon.
Start by greasing 12 muffin tins and preheating the oven to 400°F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. When measuring the flour, give it a good stir first to fluff it up, then measure it out using a spoon into the measuring cup. Use the blade from a knife to level off the flour.
In a different large mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter and 1 of the eggs and beat by hand using a wooden spoon until mixture is lemon-coloured.
Add in second egg and stir until combined.
Add in the mashed bananas and Greek Yogurt and stir just until combined.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine with as few strokes as possible. The batter may be a little lumpy - that a okay.
Gently fold in the blackberries.
Spoon batter into greased muffin tins.
Bake in 400°F oven for 20-25 minutes.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE...
STORAGE & FREEZING INSTRUCTIONS
Cool muffins completely before storing or freezing.
Store muffins at room temperature in covered container in a single layer for up to four days. Line the container with paper towel.
Freeze muffins for up to 2 months. Layer with parchment paper. Thaw at room temperature for 2 hours before serving.Print