This White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake is smooth with a tender moist crumb. Topped with a luscious cream cheese and white chocolate frosting, this is an easy dessert recipe that is suitable for every day or a special occasion. I think you're going to love it!
1 and 1/2 cups (12 ounces) fresh raspberries
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
2 1/3 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups all purpose flour
1 cup almond flour (super-fine)
3 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 and 2/3 cups buttermilk
1 and 1/2 cups white chocolate, finely chopped
1/2 cup white chocolate, melted and cooled
8 oz. cream cheese, softened at room temperature
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
finely chopped white chocolate (optional)
15 to 20 fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and lightly flour a 15-cup Bundt pan or spray with baking spray with flour.
- Raspberry Filling: Whisk together cornstarch, granulated sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Add in 1 and 1/2 cups of raspberries and simmer over low heat until thickened. This will take about 5 to 6 minutes and the mixture will thicken as it cools. Use a sieve to strain the mixture and remove all of the seeds. Set aside to cool while you make the cake batter. Discards the seeds.
- Cake Batter: In a large mixing bowl, or bowl from stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar for 5 minutes until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of the bowl often.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scraping down the sides of the bowl often will ensure a delicious cake every time. Next, stir in the almond extract.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together all purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- With mixer on low speed gradually add in dry ingredients to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Fold in grated white chocolate.
- Transfer half of the batter to prepared bundt pan.
- Carefully spoon or pipe a ring of the raspberry filling, using a decorator bag, into the middle of the cake leaving space between the centre piece of the cake and the outside edge of the pan.
- Top with remaining batter. Gently tap the cake pan on a towel-lined counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until cake tester inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, then carefully invert onto cake plate.
- White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting: In a small glass bowl in microwave, melt 1/2 cup white chocolate 30 seconds at a time until melted. Cool for 3 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, or bowl from stand mixer using whisk attachment, beat 8 oz. of softened cream cheese with 4 tablespoons of softened butter. Add in melted white chocolate and vanilla and stir until combined. Gradually mix in powdered sugar.
- Frost cake. Garnish with fresh raspberries and finely chopped white chocolate.
- Refrigerate cake until ready to serve. Allow cake to come to room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Cover cake with plastic wrap, or place cake in cake saver container and refrigerate or place in a cake saver container and refrigerate for three to five days.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Bundt cake, white chocolate raspberry Bundt cake