This is THE BEST Easy Philly Cheesesteak Casserole Recipe! Made with seasoned ground beef, peppers, garlic, onions and mushrooms in a tangy cream cheese sauce, topped with provolone and cheddar cheese that sits perfectly on top of a bicuit layer to create the ultimate comfort food family favorite.
2 cups Bisquick baking mix (mix with 1 cup of water)
1 and 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
3/4 cup cream cheese, softened
8 slices provolone cheese
1 cup cheddar cheese (sharp or medium)
Salt & black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together Bisquick mix with 1 cup of water. Spread evenly on the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté onion mushroom, peppers and garlic until softened, about 4 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl and set aside.
- Cook the ground beef until completely cooked and no longer pink inside. Drain off the excess grease, then stir in the cooked veggies.
- Stir the Worcestershire sauce into the ground beef mixture, followed by the cubed softened cream cheese, over medium heat. Stir gently until the cream cheese is completely melted into the ground beef. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the meat and vegetable mixture on top of the biscuit layer.
Top with the 8 slices of provolone cheese, followed by the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cook in 350°F oven for 30 minutes. I sometimes set the broiler on for two minutes at the end of the cook time and the cheese melts to a bubbly perfection and the tips golden brown.
Cool casserole, then wrap casserole dish with plastic wrap, or carefuly transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to three days.
Reheat leftover casserole by cooking in 350°F oven until heated through. (cover with foil) This should take about 20 minutes. Individual portions can be reheated in the microwave for one to two minutes.
This casserole freezes and reheats well. Cook casserole completely, then cool. Wap entire casserole dish in plastic wrap followed by a layer of aluminum foil. Freeze for up to three months. Thaw completely in the refrigerator, then reheat in 350°F oven until heated though.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner Recipes
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 helping
- Calories: 510
- Sugar: 9.8 g
- Sodium: 964.9 mg
- Fat: 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 13.9 g
- Trans Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 36 g
- Cholesterol: 109.3 mg
Keywords: Philly Cheesesteak Casserole