1. In large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and ginger.
2.In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, or bowl from stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter and shortening together until fluffy.
3. Gradually add in granulated sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on medium for 30 seconds after each addition.
5. Add molasses, mix until well combined.
6. Gradually add in flour, mixing on low speed until combined.
7. Drop by heaping teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake in 350F oven for 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer immediately to cooling rack.
Store in airtight container for up to one week.
10. Cookies may be frozen in ziploc bag for 3 months.