This No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake has a perfectly light and creamy texture with a delicious gingersnap crust that pairs so well with the spiced pumpkin flavors. The best part of this easy make-ahead holiday pumpkin dessert recipe is that it doesn't need to be baked in the oven!
Philadelphia pumpkin cheesecake
Pairing a rich and creamy cheesecake with the warm spicy notes of a seasonal pumpkin flavor is scrumptious with every delightful bite. I love how this no bake pumpkin cheesecake with the gingersnap crust almost melts in your mouth.
When the holiday crunch hits if you're like me, you are planning your Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner to include some easy make-ahead dishes to make life easier.
This easy no bake pumpkin cheesecake recipe is the perfect delicious make ahead dessert you are looking for to help save your precious time.
Pumpkin recipes are the perfect comforting sweet treat! We love this versatile recipe not just for autumn or the holidays but for gatherings all year long!
No bake pumpkin desserts are so easy to make. Try my no bake pumpkin pie, no bake pumpkin delight or pumpkin mousse pie. Also try my best ever pumpkin dump cake, pumpkin swirl cheesecake and pumpkin cinnamon rolls. Pumpkin heaven!!
Why you'll love this recipe
- Easy no bake pumpkin cheesecake recipe
- Perfect make ahead time saver pumpkin dessert
- Amazing creamy texture and flavor for any gathering
- Gingersnap cookie crust pairs perfectly with pumpkin
- Cream Cheese - softened we used Philadelphia
- Canned Pumpkin
- Brown Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract - pure vanilla extract will provide best flavor
- Whipped Cream - use it cold
- Gingersnap cookies - ground for crust
- Butter - melted for crust
Pumpkin pie spice can be used as a substitute for the spices in this no bake cheesecake recipe using 1 ½ teaspoons.
You can use graham crackers to substitute for the gingersnap crust to make a no bake pumpkin cheesecake with graham cracker crust. Using a store bought graham cracker crust is fine to make things easier.
Step by step instructions for how to make pumpkin cheesecake (no bake)
STEP ONE- In a food processor add approximately 25 cookies, process until made into a fine crumb, should make about 2 cups of crumbs. Add melted butter and brown sugar, pulse until combined.
STEP TWO - Press crumb mixture into a 9-inch springform pan, pressing crust about 1 inch up the sides of the pan. Set aside.
STEP THREE - To make filling, in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese for 1-2 minutes until smooth, scrape down bowl and beat another minute.
STEP FOUR - Add pumpkin, confectioners’ sugar, and brown sugar then beat until well combined, about 1 minute.
STEP FIVE - Add the vanilla, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, beat until well combined, and then set aside.
STEP SIX- In a separate bowl, with the mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat cream on high speed until it forms stiff peaks.
STEP SEVEN - Add half of the whipped cream to the pumpkin mixture, folding with a spatula until well combined, add remaining whipped cream and gently fold until well incorporated. Pour filling into prepared crust, spread into a smooth even layer.
STEP EIGHT - Cover and refrigerate cheesecake for at least 6 hours before enjoying.
You can make mini no bake pumpkin cheesecake by using muffin tins or pudding cups for a smaller fun variation that kids love.
You can also use mason jars for this no bake pumpkin cheesecake recipe.
How to serve this no bake pumpkin cheesecake?
Serve with whipped cream or cool whip if you prefer and with caramel sauce or chocolate sauce drizzled on top.
Top tips for making the best no bake pumpkin cheesecake
- If you are not using a food processor you can make the gingersnap crust by placing the cookies in a large Ziplock bag and seal. Crush cookies with a rolling pin or kitchen mallet to make the crust
- You can make this pumpkin dessert recipe without a springform pan using a deep dish pie plate or a 9x13 pan but the it will make a thinner layer
- Pack your gingersnap cookie crust tightly to help it set
- It is important the the cream cheese is at room temperature as this makes it easier to beat and incorporate with the whipped cream
- The whipping cream needs to be cold before whipping
- Fold in the whipping cream gently
- Run your knife under hot water then drying off before slicing to help achieve the perfect cheesecake slice
How to help this no bake cheesecake hold its shape?
To allow your no bake cheesecake flavors to meld together and help the pumpkin filling and crust to set for better slicing, you can refrigerate for longer than the 6 hours minimum and even overnight.
Can you make no bake pumpkin cheesecake ahead of time?
Yes you can! Make your pumpkin cheesecake without the whipped cream on top and remove the sides of the springform pan. Cover with wrap leaving it on the bottom of the springform pan. Store in the fridge for 1 to 2 days before topping with whip cream or caramel when ready to serve.
How long will pumpkin cheesecake last?
Leftover pumpkin cheesecake can be stored in the fridge covered with wrap or in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
Can you freeze no bake pumpkin cheesecake?
Yes you can! Without toppings wrap tightly in plastic wrap then add a layer of foil wrap or use a freezer-safe container to freeze for 2 to 3 months.
Thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.