These easy Glazed Apple Pie Bars have a delicious butter crust with canned apple pie filling with a tasty simple glaze on top.
1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cans (540ml each) apple pie filling
1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2-3 tablespoons milk
- Grease a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, or bowl from stand mixer, cream together softened butter, granulated sugar and salt for 5 to 7 minutes until light and fluffy. The mixture should be light and lemon-colored.
- Next, add in the eggs, one a time beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Gradually add in flour, one cup at a time, stirring just until combined.
- Remove 3 cups of the dough and spread evenly into prepared baking pan. (My pan was a bit larger and I didn't go all the way to the edges)
- Top with both cans of apple pie filling, leaving about 1 and ½-inches around the edges.
- Drop the remaining dough by teaspoonfuls over the apple pie filling. A small cookie scoop works great!
- Bake in 350°F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire cooling rack.
- For Glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla extract and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over top of cooled bars.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 12.4 g
- Sodium: 53.7 mg
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.7 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 1.1 g
- Cholesterol: 20.5 mg
Keywords: Glazed Apple Pie Bars